Turn key and nothing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillyBucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going freakin crazy. I have a 2012 ram 1500 Laramie with a 5.7 Hemi engine. Not sure what the problem is but periodically you turn the key to start my 1500 and it is completely dead ,there is nothing, absolutely nothing. There is no lights, there is no cranking sound, there is complete silence. I have to let it sit and not panic and in about 3 minutes all the sudden the door locks pop the lights go on and it will start. Dodge has no idea what's wrong so I ask any of you if you have experienced this and have found what is causing this problem. Thanks look forward to hearing from anyone.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The chip set in the key/fob could be going bad or dead- ^ like he said try a different one

EvanYJ350

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 CC Air Susp
Engine
6.4L 392 c.i.
Had the same totally dead issue. Called tow truck. They took it to dealer, took it off the hook, and vroom...started right up. No codes stored, nothing wrong. Trading it in next month.... 2500 on order....

I was parked near High Tension Power Lines, and a John Deere dealer that had a lot of computer stuff. Could have been electrical interference ???