Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Tech Info

Tech Info

lamp out light is glitchy

This is a discussion on lamp out light is glitchy within the Tech Info forums, part of the 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 category!
04 - 2500-5.9 have a problem with the lamp out light coming on and pinging noise to accompany the lit ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2016, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2004
Engine: Cummins
Default lamp out light is glitchy
04 - 2500-5.9 have a problem with the lamp out light coming on and pinging noise to accompany the lit up alert, checked all lights, all working, took to dealer
explaining problem, dealer could not find problem after checking all connections,
searching thru the computer but could not figure this problem out but was able to charge 200 bucks for the search, they said it was a first and national data base had no record of similar occurances. and to please let them know if someone found out the problem, I had to laugh, did they want me to find a shade tree mechanic who could solve the problem when a certified dodge mech is unable? anyone have this gremlin
visit their vehicle?

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
whitetruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2002
Engine: 5.7
Check the tail lights. My O2 was doing it too. I pulled the bulbs and put some bulb grease on them. Fixed it for most part. Will still do it once in a while. I get out and smack twilight housings. That will fix for a while. I am going to change the circuit boards next. Seems to do it more when air is moist. I can go weeks or months in between it happening.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
bulrid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine: Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue and It was the Tail light harness plug., I took the plug off and put the new plug on and there was no need to cut or splice any wires.

2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote