Random misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mitey22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive been having an issue with my 04 4.7 ram for awhile. If i jump in and start it up it will bog and hesitate when i try to take off and take a few to clear out and run good. It will sometimes throw a 300 random misfire code when tis happens. If i get in and turn the key to on and wait like 5 seconds before i start it, it seems fine. I replaced the fuel pump and both the crank and cam sensors. anyone ever experienced this before

Ryan102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There are many things that could cause this... Fuel filter? Spark plugs? MAP sensor, O2 sensors, MAF sensor, IAT sensor. Even a vacuum leak could be occuring. Before you go replacing parts all crazy... Get a fluke meter and check your sensors out. You may have other issues going on. But it will not throw a code if the ECM/PCM can correct the condition. If your trying to figure it out yourself than get yourself a multimeter and check your sensors out and the electrical circuits included. A simple break in your in your IAT temp signal wire will cause a no start condition. Q