Anything else i should keep an eye out for???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

refeicul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Hello again

OK like i said before i got the truck in FEB. im going to list off things that has been done and things to be done. Can you guys tell me if im missing something that i should poke at?

Completed:
ball joints upper & lower
Drag link
tie rod & end
Steering Dampener
Front Universals
Steering Pump
Alignment
Heater Core
Starter
front & rear pads & shoes
Plugs, Wires
Drums
Huges Airgap
Fuel Pump Module - pressure regulator is bad

To Do List:

Rust out panels - Rockers & rear wheel arch
Cat
O2 sensors

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good list ya got there, though I would add a dizzy cap and rotor to the mix. Hughes Air Gap will take care of the plenum issue, though I'd recommend the Mopar M1 over the hughes manifold. Catalytic convertor will be clogged/getting clogged from the plenum issue, front o2 will need replacing as well. Water pump and a good double roller timing set are good things to replace as well. If you do the chain don't go oem, they stretch over time, hence the double roller recommendation. Than of course theres the transmissions in these trucks as well, they're frail as all get out. Looks like you got it covered for the most part!

wingnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Just did rockers and a rear wheel arch. Amateur body-man, learned everything from You-tube, but it came out perfect. Actually used Structural Body Adhesive on the rockers, and some of the rear-wheel arch.
What you should look at is brake and fuel lines. The corrosion on these is insane! If you DO drop the tank for the regulator, then replace the brake and fuel lines that pass behind it at that time. This is where they usually leak.
Hows the "track-bar"? Dont want to get the Dodge Death Wobble!

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just did rockers and a rear wheel arch. Amateur body-man, learned everything from You-tube, but it came out perfect. Actually used Structural Body Adhesive on the rockers, and some of the rear-wheel arch.
What you should look at is brake and fuel lines. The corrosion on these is insane! If you DO drop the tank for the regulator, then replace the brake and fuel lines that pass behind it at that time. This is where they usually leak.
Hows the "track-bar"? Dont want to get the Dodge Death Wobble!

+1 also good things to check!

OP
OP
refeicul

refeicul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
ill look into these tomorrow i do notice a slight shimmy/wobble on and off at high speeds but it was intermittent so i wasn't too concerned since it is almost a 14yo truck things would be a little off

DublDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hmmmm, I don't see a case of beer anywhere on your parts list.....This concerns me! Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990