grease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
so I was just wondering if there is a preferred grease out in the market, or is it all the same as the $1 tubes on walmarts shelves?

thanks

Tapatalk Addict

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I use moly grease on everything. There may be cheaper, or better greases out there, but my dad used it (probably an aerospace thng) and thats probably the only reason I do.
I take it back, I use white grease for drum brake backing pads and that funky red crap for the disc brake pins.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At the oil company I work for, the preferred grease is our Amalie Elixir Synthetic grease. It's made by a company up in Chicago. Can't really say much about any other greases as I use what we have here at Amalie. It all depends on the application. Some greases are high temp and others aren't, some greases have soap in them, some resist water washout more than others...what are you wanting to grease?

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
the bushings and joints on the front end suspension

Tapatalk Addict

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any multipurpose lithium grease is fine for that. If you want to step it up, go to a high temp lithium.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
okay thanks! wasn't sure cuz there are so many kinds

Tapatalk Addict