What to do next...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97CAMORAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
Hey guys,
brainstorming for new ideas. I've had my 97 Ram 5.2L going on two years now. Here is a history of the truck since I have had it.
-replaced upstream O2 sensor
-regular oil changes
-New plugs, wires, cap and rotor,TPS, IAC, and thermostat
-New wheel hub bearings (both sides)
-New water pump and cat.(glasspack at the moment...thinking a magnaflow replacement muffler)
-just replaced downstream O2 this weekend and cap and rotor due to the old one being crap.

So basically I need new shocks cause mine are shot, Thinking just going with a RC 2.5 Leveling kit. and running 33's on new 17's. thoughts?
Just looking for my new project and wanting to make my truck better lol
Thanks in advance!

jf5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I like the idea of a leveling kit, its next on my list of unnecessary mods. One thing that might be more beneficial though is doing the plenum pan fix. Just one of those things that happens alot on our trucks.

If you do level though I demand pics :cheers:

OP
OP

97CAMORAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
What would I need to do for the plenum pan fix? I have seen various people touch on it but I've not had an issue yet so haven't read up too much on it. The leveling kit is def happening, the only debate there was that or a 3" suppension but 1/2" doesn't seem worth another $300 lol

jf5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
There is a sticky that is just the plenum thread that explains the whole process in detail. Unless your going to wheel your truck at all I would just go with the 2.5" leveling kit. The 3in Suspension kit introduces alot - some say 2.5" is the magic line where an aftermarket adjustable tack bar is introduced. Personally I'm most likely going to go with just a 2" leveling kit as im trying to correct stance more than stuff larger tires under her. Really it comes down to what you are going to use the truck for the most. If this is your daily driver I would Def. do the plenum pan than anything else just for ease of mind. Best thing I have done for mine - albeit mine was in need of replacing.

OP
OP

97CAMORAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
yea it is my daily driver, Im just looking to run some decent 33's nothing too crazy. Thanks man ill def look into what all that involves.