Leaf spring question!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
does anyone have any idea if these are stock leaf springs or if they are out of something else? i dont think ive ever seen a 1/2 ton ram with 7 leafs in a pack. this is on a 94 rcsb 4x4. Reason I ask is because the truck has some serious rake with these on, (see picture below) and I Bought a 3 inch leveling kit for it, and if that makes the nose up too high i was wondering if a AAL for these trucks would work on leafs like this. thanks!
11t77k7.jpg
m9830y.jpg
282m7w4.jpg
os8tol.jpg

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
The springs are not stock nor are the u bolts/nuts. An ad a leaf will work but not as effective as they would be in a normal pack.

Edit The shocks look almost max out.

OP
OP
O

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The springs are not stock nor are the u bolts/nuts. An ad a leaf will work but not as effective as they would be in a normal pack.

Edit The shocks look almost max out.
thanks for the reply Yeah the sad thing is they have maybe 100 miles on them. Dad changed them before i bought it off him and he had no idea they werent factory springs. Do you have any idea what they might of come out of?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Could be old 94 2500 LD springs or GM springs or a custom made pack, very hard to say. How's it ride lol?

OP
OP
O

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Could be old 94 2500 LD springs or GM springs or a custom made pack, very hard to say. How's it ride lol?

straight lumber wagon, lol. so stiff in the rear almost feels like the front end does all the work on bumps lol

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My old ORE had 7 springs in each pack, they could be from an ORE. I dont know if thats how they lifted the rear in the ORE's though. Sounds like the ride in mine as well.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
They/you did? Most I have seen is 5 plus the overload spring. Not saying you are wrong at all :). Not trying to be a #winner (lmao) but I do like the ride out of the Skyjacker leaf-springs I have.

OP
OP
O

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My old ORE had 7 springs in each pack, they could be from an ORE. I dont know if thats how they lifted the rear in the ORE's though. Sounds like the ride in mine as well.
i've been looking around online and the packs look identical to w250 or d250 packs. not sure if they are but thats the closest i could find.
2mfwx3t.jpg

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They/you did? Most I have seen is 5 plus the overload spring. Not saying you are wrong at all :). Not trying to be a #winner (lmao) but I do like the ride out of the Skyjacker leaf-springs I have.

I did indeed! Mine was 7 including the overload, I have no idea if that was how they came or what but thats what mine had lol. #winner Merc?! I must have missed something lol, this has DD94 written all over it.

i've been looking around online and the packs look identical to w250 or d250 packs. not sure if they are but thats the closest i could find.
2mfwx3t.jpg

Interesting, it does. Possible swap maybe?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I did indeed! Mine was 7 including the overload, I have no idea if that was how they came or what but thats what mine had lol. #winner Merc?! I must have missed something lol, this has DD94 written all over it.

Yes sir.

All I can offer is stock spring eye to eye relaxed is 52" and 2.5 wide.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

OccupyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum

All I can say about it is I hope it doesn't turn into a mess when / if I have to raise the rear up an inch or two. Makes my 285s look small

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Can you measure how wide they are? 2nd gen 1500 uses a 2.5" wide leaf spring.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sounds like stock springs then, probably aftermarket ubolts and such to accommodate.