Leaf spring removal hints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFoffroad1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V-8
I screwed up and posted this in the 3rd gen section so im reposting in the correct area.

So my Atlas Suspension leaf springs came in the other day and im thinking about throwing them in this weekend but after looking at the drivers side front leaf spring bolt , it looks dam near impossible to pull with out dropping/moving the tank . Does anyone have any helpful tips/hint to aid me in this process?

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
you will have to drop the tank to remove the complete leaf spring. I encountered the same issue when I flipped my hanger to lower my ram.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I removed the tank when I replaced my suspension, however there may be enough room if your tools are thin enough for you to just loosen the tank and shift it to one side.

OP
OP
U

USAFoffroad1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V-8
I removed the tank when I replaced my suspension, however there may be enough room if your tools are thin enough for you to just loosen the tank and shift it to one side.

Thanks , im hoping to not have to move my tank at all !

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Y'know...it's been a long time since I dropped my drivers spring pack out, but I'm about 100% sure we didn't remove the tank. My helper and I "dropped" it enough to shove it over and get a wrench or appropriate tool on the fastener. It was a tight fit.

I can't remember how much, but I know we didn't take any tank clamps completely off.