Yea yea another 2500 lift question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys back to my dodges... Looking at a 99 2500, QC, blah blah blah...

My other 99 CTD I had I put 3" coil spacers in with a 1" zero rate in rear pack and it sat great over 35's... But I never had adj track bar or longer control arms to center axle... Guess I sold it before any long term tire wear etc...

Ok so now for this 99 id like to go with a 4-5" lift. But now id like to do it all correct. This truck will not be wheeled, hauled, or beat.. Just a mall crawler, DD, 20 miles a day to work....

Been reading here and loseing my mind on lifts... Looking to buy a complete kit.. Any suggestions? budget 1300-1500$$...

My goal and what I like personally is to clear my 35's, NOT a stuffed look.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok guys back to my dodges... Looking at a 99 2500, QC, blah blah blah...

My other 99 CTD I had I put 3" coil spacers in with a 1" zero rate in rear pack and it sat great over 35's... But I never had adj track bar or longer control arms to center axle... Guess I sold it before any long term tire wear etc...

Ok so now for this 99 id like to go with a 4-5" lift. But now id like to do it all correct. This truck will not be wheeled, hauled, or beat.. Just a mall crawler, DD, 20 miles a day to work....

Been reading here and loseing my mind on lifts... Looking to buy a complete kit.. Any suggestions? budget 1300-1500$$...

My goal and what I like personally is to clear my 35's, NOT a stuffed look.

5" lift springs, appropriate control arms, adjustable track bar, drop pitman arm, appropriate front shocks, 3" long add-a-leaf, appropriate rear shocks and call er a day.

OP
OP
S

superbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5" lift springs, appropriate control arms, adjustable track bar, drop pitman arm, appropriate front shocks, 3" long add-a-leaf, appropriate rear shocks and call er a day.

Sounds reasonable..

1. Which brand springs are recommended? (front)

2. Which brand of correct length for 5" lift control arms? Are adjustable needed?

3. Ok on the track bar....If I get an adj bar, do you not need the relocation brkt? Buy once cry once..Which is best?

4. Shocks easy...

5. If I go up 5 in front, rear has to go up how much to be level?

Thanks...

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sounds reasonable..

1. Which brand springs are recommended? (front)

2. Which brand of correct length for 5" lift control arms? Are adjustable needed?

3. Ok on the track bar....If I get an adj bar, do you not need the relocation brkt? Buy once cry once..Which is best?

4. Shocks easy...

5. If I go up 5 in front, rear has to go up how much to be level?

Thanks...

1. Doesn't really matter IMO, which brand you prefer.

2. Couldn't tell ya the exact length of the top of my mind, but it should be listed. Short arms will work just fine since you're gonna be a "mall crawler". No need for adjustables in my eyes.

3. Nope, its one or the other. The adjustable bar is far superior.

4. Yupp, bilstein 5100's are great.

5. 3" for the rear to sit level, hence why I say a 3" long AAL. Dont use blocks...

Not a problem, happy to help.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Upper: 17 1/4"
Lower: 19"

Just bite the bullet and get an adjustable track bar and the right bracket to go with it, stay away from the stock style bar altogether.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Just bite the bullet and get an adjustable track bar and the right bracket to go with it, stay away from the stock style bar altogether.

I was hoping you'd chime in with your wisdom!

OP
OP
S

superbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Absolutley...That's the plan....Ok so whos track bar do you recommend? I Wanna buy a good one....

So I need a relocation bracket also..??

Please chime in on the other items also... If you prefer a better brand over another let me know...

Actually build my lift for me if you have a few min, which parts would you order???...Sounds like TGC may be my best bet?

Thanks in advance...

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Give these guys a call and price out this stuff for now. Lets see what you come up with. Then I can make you up the rest of your parts list.

Also Skyjacker Trackbar kit, DTBA27 look around they can be had for around $300 last one u will ever buy.

Fabtech phone number is 800-521-4908

FT3400-106DBK RR link Bar BRKT DRVR
FT3400-106PBK RR link Bar BRKT PASS
FT3400-107BK FRT DIFF LINK BAR BRKT
2 EA FT3400-108BK UPR LINK BAR
2 EA FT3400-109BK LWR LINK BAR

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Absolutley...That's the plan....Ok so whos track bar do you recommend? I Wanna buy a good one....

So I need a relocation bracket also..??

Please chime in on the other items also... If you prefer a better brand over another let me know...

Actually build my lift for me if you have a few min, which parts would you order???...Sounds like TGC may be my best bet?

Thanks in advance...

Some adjustable track bars come with a bracket to fit the new bar. There is also "relocation" brackets which allow you to bolt a stock track bar on with a lift. It works, but adjustable is much better. I second Merc's suggestions.

OP
OP
S

superbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some adjustable track bars come with a bracket to fit the new bar. There is also "relocation" brackets which allow you to bolt a stock track bar on with a lift. It works, but adjustable is much better. I second Merc's suggestions.

OK so looks like I'm gonna piece all this together...

OP
OP
S

superbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Called TGC today...Heres the info I got...

There 5" lift complete is 1469.00 .. coils, Bilstien 5100's, pitman arm, sway bar drop downs, control arms, track bar brkt...addaleafs... Now if I swap out there track bar brkt and add the Skyjacker Track bar kit... DTBA27 everything comes out to 1734.00 shipped...

But!!!! The coils are for a v10 or diesel...I have a 5.9 I know that's gonna ride like **** I bet, actually I know it is,,, That's all they offer...

Opinions?

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Called TGC today...Heres the info I got...

There 5" lift complete is 1469.00 .. coils, Bilstien 5100's, pitman arm, sway bar drop downs, control arms, track bar brkt...addaleafs... Now if I swap out there track bar brkt and add the Skyjacker Track bar kit... DTBA27 everything comes out to 1734.00 shipped...

But!!!! The coils are for a v10 or diesel...I have a 5.9 I know that's gonna ride like **** I bet, actually I know it is,,, That's all they offer...

Opinions?

See what you can piece together on summit or jegs or something like that. Should cost a lil less. Look for coils for a v8 as well.

OP
OP
S

superbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See what you can piece together on summit or jegs or something like that. Should cost a lil less. Look for coils for a v8 as well.

Ok heres what im thinking,,,

3" Thurn soft ride coils.. 4.5" lift on 2nd gen QC/v8 330.00

Thurn Overland shock.. 300.00

control arms ( various brands ) 325.00

pitman arm 75-100

Skyjacker DTBA27 300.00
1300ish total

Hows that look... Input appreciated...

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok heres what im thinking,,,

3" Thurn soft ride coils.. 4.5" lift on 2nd gen QC/v8 330.00

Thurn Overland shock.. 300.00

control arms ( various brands ) 325.00

pitman arm 75-100

Skyjacker DTBA27 300.00
1300ish total

Hows that look... Input appreciated...

Skyjacker 5" softride coils will cost you less... summit

Also look for 3" Add-A-Leaf by skyjacker for the rear. 4" on summit

Bilstein 5100 series shocks front and rear are great quality and ride nice, will cost less then thuren. Im assuming thats the price just for the front. Bilstein USA

Rest looks good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

superbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Skyjacker 5" softride coils will cost you less... summit

Also look for 3" Add-A-Leaf by skyjacker for the rear. 4" on summit

Bilstein 5100 series shocks front and rear are great quality and ride nice, will cost less then thuren. Im assuming thats the price just for the front. Bilstein USA

Rest looks good.

Summit....

Control arms..... 325.00

D50 5" soft ride coils... 194.00

R224 4" add a leaf.. 158.00

DTBA27 track bar kit 293.00

Bilstien 5100's 279.00 www.streetsideauto

DA300 Pitman arm 124.00

RBL60 ext rear brake 52.00

Ok now... I see a ton of different options for sway bar end links..Any suggestions on that?

And also front brake linje options? I see Skyjacker makes for rear, but I see nothing for the front....

OP
OP
S

superbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm also going to upgrade to the 08.5-up steering package...

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Summit....

Control arms..... 325.00

D50 5" soft ride coils... 194.00

R224 4" add a leaf.. 158.00

DTBA27 track bar kit 293.00

Bilstien 5100's 279.00 www.streetsideauto

DA300 Pitman arm 124.00

RBL60 ext rear brake 52.00

Ok now... I see a ton of different options for sway bar end links..Any suggestions on that?

And also front brake linje options? I see Skyjacker makes for rear, but I see nothing for the front....

No suggestions on the sway bar links, I myself probably wouldn't bother. Up to you if you want them, or wait for someone else to chime in. No need for extended brake lines at 5", you'll be fine. If you were wheeling a lot I'd look into it but since you said it will be a street machine I wouldn't bother.

Here's a set of 3" add a leaves by superlift I found instead of the skyjacker's, much cheaper... summit
Add a leaves must be 3" width for a 2500 if you look for any different sets.

Drop pitman arm by TGC, much cheaper as well... TGC

OP
OP
S

superbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No suggestions on the sway bar links, I myself probably wouldn't bother. Up to you if you want them, or wait for someone else to chime in. No need for extended brake lines at 5", you'll be fine. If you were wheeling a lot I'd look into it but since you said it will be a street machine I wouldn't bother.

Here's a set of 3" add a leaves by superlift I found instead of the skyjacker's, much cheaper... summit
Add a leaves must be 3" width for a 2500 if you look for any different sets.

Drop pitman arm by TGC, much cheaper as well... TGC

Good deal on the brake lines...I wasn't sure if that was the cutoff length for stock lines and a 5" lift..I will grab that TGC pitman arm also...

From what ive been reading, the SHORT add a leaf is a much stiffer ride and tends to sag after a while...The LONG add a leaf rides better and seems to hold longer... Plus It says 4" lift but from what I read its more like 3-3.5" which is great for me..I hate ass high trucks..

And I will wait also on the sway bar links..I will probably just modify mine at work...

Off topic... Any idea on correct backspace for a 20x12 wheel and a 13.50 tire?

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good deal on the brake lines...I wasn't sure if that was the cutoff length for stock lines and a 5" lift..I will grab that TGC pitman arm also...

From what ive been reading, the SHORT add a leaf is a much stiffer ride and tends to sag after a while...The LONG add a leaf rides better and seems to hold longer... Plus It says 4" lift but from what I read its more like 3-3.5" which is great for me..I hate ass high trucks..

And I will wait also on the sway bar links..I will probably just modify mine at work...

Off topic... Any idea on correct backspace for a 20x12 wheel and a 13.50 tire?

Yup, if you were doing a 7" I'd suggest them but you'll be fine at 5".

You are right on, long add-a-leaves are the way to go. I just noticed those superlift springs are shorty's. Those skyjacker's seem like a better route for you to go.

No idea on the wheels, wait for Merc or someone to chime in.