98-01 mirror upgrade wiring info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Im installing a set of the 98-01 mirrors on my 96

Here's the wiring info to do the swap

Drivers Door

Mirror (2) Lt.Blue wires - Door Yellow/Pink
Mirror White/Black - Door Yellow
Mirror Yellow - Door Blue/White

Passenger Door

Mirror (2) Lt.Blue wires - Door White
Mirror Yellow - Door Blue
Mirror White - Yellow/Black

You will find 2 black wires in the mirror harness on each mirror. They are for the heater in the mirror. I don't care about heated mirrors so i did not bother figuring out the wiring for them. I just cut them back and closed them up in the harness. Hope this helps out someone else doing the swap. The 98-01 mirrors are much nicer than the 94-97 style and are a direct bolt on swap other than the wiring.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I did this same swap before I became a member here. I plan to wire the heater circuit up in the spring though, hate scrapping mirrors haha

OP
OP
Dodge96Ram

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Yea i hear ya, i may do it just because it's there and i do like when everything works the way it should. Im pretty sure it's just a single power and ground connection. Just have to run a pair or wires into each door, not the end of the world.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yea its pretty basic, dodge used the heat switch for a ground control side of a relay that was feeding the heating elements through the working side of the relay.

OP
OP
Dodge96Ram

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
The switch i posted is a 20 amp switch, no need for a relay in that case. Using a low amp switch would require the use of a relay though.