2019 Ram 2500 switchback door handle wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan2519

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
2019 Ram 2500 6.7 laramie.

I am installing midsouth led switchback door handles. Im going to say forgive me in advance as wiring is not my strong point but I need help. I have the handles installed on the driverside of the truck, I wired them into the harness for the switchback on the mirror. My problem is the running lights work, but when I turn my blinker on my mirror directional and the amber on the door handles blinks sporadically, its not consistent with "hyperflash" though, its random flashing. I contacted midsouthLED and they confirmed the boards for the switchbacks will not cause hyperflash and they said the cause of the flashing is that they are wired wrong. I will explain how I have everything wired and if it is not correct or I need to wire to a different circuit other than the mirror switchback please give me your input so I can fix this issue, its driving me insane. Currently wired as follows:

The door handles have 3 wires
White- running lights
Orange- Turn signal
Black- Ground

I have attached a picture of the pin out for the harness for the boost auto running light/signal on the mirror that I tapped into for the switchback handles.

Currently the white wire (running lights) on the handles is running into #2 on the pin out (LEFT MIRROR PARK LAMP FEED)

The orange wire (turn signal) on the handles is running into #4 on the pin out (DRIVER MIRROR TURN SIGNAL DRIVER)

The black (ground) on the handles is running into #3 on the pin out (DRIVER MIRROR LAMP RETURN)

To me this makes sense. But again I'm unsure why the turn signal on my mirror and handles freaks out when turned on. If anyone has any idiea or input as to why this would be happening I would appreciate your help. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230710_145153_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230710_145153_Chrome.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230708_162025.jpg
    20230708_162025.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 7