brake issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparkplug21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2
Hey folks im kinda stumped what would cause my truck to feel like its dragging.I've checked bearings. Replace the caliper. Replaced all the brakes. Check the alignment. And unhooked the E-brake. If anyone has an idea let me know this would be much appreciated.

Slowhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what you've described, I would also check the rear differential to see if the gears are worn & check the rear differential's bushings/spacers too. Could be the the gears aren't lining-up correctly. Also recheck the rear brake cylinders to make sure they're releasing the brake shoes completely & not dragging.. gl

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When you say dragging.... Do you mean it feels like something in the back of the truck is slowing you down? Also have you considered spinning the front wheel and listening for a dragging noise?

I recently had to replace my front guide pins for my break shoes. Turns out the grease in there was all dried out and the shoes/breaks would stick causing my breaks to stay engaged while driving. This was my dragging issue.

Now, Slowhand also has a point. Jack your back end up and spin your wheels to see if they are harder than normal to spin. A note for this, you will hear a slight metal on metal sound when you spin the tires IF the breaks are still holding a little. Keep in mind it probably won't be a high pitched whistle but a metal sliding noise. You will know it as the wheels shouldn't do it at all when they spin.