Sticky brake pedal?? Anyone ever experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I've noticed when Appling my brakes at stop sign or a light or in general, the pedal gets stuck for about 15 seconds and normally my truck at idle when I let go of the break moves on its own. Since I've been noticing my brake pedal getting stuck for a few seconds my truck is at dead stop then finally starts move once the brake pedal fully retracts. This does it also when going into reverse as well. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? A sticky caliber? Or bad rotors or brakes I just replaced My front calibers cause one of them was putting constant pressure on the rotors but this was about last year in November or October.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Caliper seals or pins
Sometimes in extreme cases a piston can lose its smooth (bearing like) surface and become pitted from moisture.
Check your fluid level and inspect your calipers and hoses asap.

Do you have a “Hill Stop Assist” setting ?

commander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have a 2013, and the calipers have never been rebuilt or replaced, think about how many times they have cycled! Raybestos use to have on their website that rubber hoses should be replaced every 3-5 years! I don't know anybody who does that! (Including me and I can crimp my own hoses in rubber or braided stainless. Before I traded in my 2016, I replaced the calipers pads and rotors. The hoses (unless OEM) will have a white stripe on them, with the date and manufacturer of the hose. When you buy new hoses, check the dates!

Jim

Mike F 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
From what I have learned in the past few months, I would replace the brake hoses if your going to replace or rebuild you calipers. Hoses seem to be a weak point in the system and if your in there not a lot of extra time or expense to replace.