Need advise please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
I went out to install my off road lights today behind my grille...after looking there is no way to mount them like Colton did on his grille...however, there are tow opening on each side of my HUGE FREAKING evaporator coil that they will fit into...I am going to take some "L" brackets and mount them in those two pockets...which leads to my dilemma...I have a hammer drill that will get through the core support easily, but if I slip it could cost me a radiator...so I am thinking about JB welding the "L" brackets on...do yall think it would be tacky? Here is a pic of the area I am working with...

bW1jMi9EQ0lNLzEwMFNTTUVEL1NTUFgwMDQzLmpwZw.jpg

Here is my sorry version of where I am mounting them...

thbW1jMi9EQ0lNLzEwMFNTTUVEL1NTUFgwMDQzLmpwZw2.jpg

yall think something like this would look better?

images1.jpg

I did color match the light guards on my lights to match my truck after all...

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you do it very cleanly it wont look too bad i dont think.

OP
OP
A

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
There is just not a whole lot of room to work in there...one slip and something goes through my radiator or evaporator...

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Outside the grille woild look cool too i think.

OP
OP
A

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Other than the two upright beams for the core support there is no steel to tap into there...only the two upright beams on each side of the radiator...the "L" brackets need to be mounted on them in a way that the lights sit parallel to those uprights...

I am slowly leaning towards just mounting them on my bumper....

OP
OP
A

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Thats where I am mounting my "L" brackets...probably cant see it in the pic I posted from MS PAINT...I am gonna drag the hammer drill out tomorrow and slowly tap a hole into those uprights

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats where I am mounting my "L" brackets...probably cant see it in the pic I posted from MS PAINT...I am gonna drag the hammer drill out tomorrow and slowly tap a hole into those uprights

I still say self tappers, grab a can of paint and spray everything. Also pick up a roll of wire loom!

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I took some metal with machined holes already drilled into them and mounted them on each side of the grille. Then I made L brakets and attached them to the supports I mounted. Then mounted the lights onto those. Their out of the way and there's no worry about drilling into your radiator.

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I had a thread on it awhile back, Adam do you remember it?

OP
OP
A

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
yeah... I've been looking at your pics, but the lights you used are different than I got...I can mount the drivers side like you did, but not the passengers side cause of the lines going to the evap coil...

OP
OP
A

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
yeah, they wont clear the lines...there is a little pocket of space just under the lines on the passenger side...the light on that side has to tuck into that little space...

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Yeah mines like that to but my lights are small enough that it fits

OP
OP
A

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked for the kind you have but my store didnt have them....so I got the 5.5 inch lights...either way I am gonna make it work somehow next weekend...either on the bumper of behind the grille.