Headlight Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clcmbtn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all!!

I just purchased a 98 1500 4WD. I got pulled over for not having any tail lights the other night. I checked all wiring and fuses and everything seems to be in order. So I purchased a new switch and installed it. When I pull the know to the parking light position I have no parking lights or lights in the cluster. If I pull it all the way out the headlights come on but no cluster or tail lights. If I push the knob in about an 1/8" the tail lights and cluster come on. I figured a bad switch so I got another and the same thing. So I got a switch from dodge and the same thing. Am I missing something here?

Any help is appreciated

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
i had that problem it was a fuse in the door/dash area.. i had to check them with a test light even tho it looked good to find out it was bad..

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
i cant remeber the slot but it was for instrument lights.. easiest to just start the truck and turn everything on and check them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007