5.9 magnum swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baldguy696

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Hello everybody. I'm new to the forum. I recently acquired a 2000 ram 1500 with a 5.9 magnum with 46re tranny that I plan to swap into my 95 jeep wrangler. I have the engine, trans and t ransfercase pulled along with the engine wiring harness. I plan to pull the odb2 port so I can use an sct tuner for a bit more excitement. I was wondering if you guys can suggest anything else I should pull from my donor truck before I scrap it. Does it have any other necessary computers or controllers that will stop it from running properly or throw check engine lights? Any input is appreciated.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Will it run maybe, will it flip a cel yes. I would not have picked this year for a downer truck to new, I would have gone 97.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
If u swap it.....every sensor plug must be plugged in and I believe u may need the dash wiring harness and all COMPLETE conversion so it works properly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk