Anyone using bg performance pcm tuning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC98ram

Reaction score
The tip of North Carolina, bordering Georgia and T
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
Hey guys, anyone have bg performance tune their pcm for them? I have a spare pcm I would like to get set up for my cam and head combo I will put on later. I know that our sct tuners for 2nd gens are no longer produced, so I was thinking about bg performance. I havent heard a lot of talk about them. Thanks for the input.

jsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, anyone have bg performance tune their pcm for them? I have a spare pcm I would like to get set up for my cam and head combo I will put on later. I know that our sct tuners for 2nd gens are no longer produced, so I was thinking about bg performance. I havent heard a lot of talk about them. Thanks for the input.

Ryan has x3's in stock Ram Truck (SCT) and when they run out the bdx that should be released soon is supposed to work with everything

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I got a remapped/tuned PCM for my '99 5.9L extended cab and was really, really happy with the setup.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Judging by your screen name i assume your truck is a 98 model....don't bother. Sct tuning will be much cheaper and Ryan tunes much better. I've heard as many horror stories about bg as i have hemifever and PIE

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ryan has x3's in stock Ram Truck (SCT) and when they run out the bdx that should be released soon is supposed to work with everything

When I purchased my tune about three weeks ago, I talked with Ryan and at the time he had more orders than he had tuners. That's why I had to wait as long as I did to get mine.

I would guess that the new BDX is going to be a bit more expensive. If you want to go the SCT route, better not wait much longer...

hemifever

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Judging by your screen name i assume your truck is a 98 model....don't bother. Sct tuning will be much cheaper and Ryan tunes much better. I've heard as many horror stories about bg as i have hemifever and PIE

Don't be biased, be sure to list ALL the SCT tuners as EVERY ONE has horror stories out there. But yes, mailing off the ECU is a thing of the past. SCT has a much better hold on things. From what I'm told the BDX should have a $20 higher MAP than the x3 does. Hopefully that remains the truth as it won't drive the price up on it too much.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Not everyone lol. I have my reasons. Besides, bias is part of the foundation anybody in the car world who does anything to their vehicle has lol.

Last edited: