Blown transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

va_ram_1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
So on my trip to myrtle beach from northern Virginia I got on the highway. As I hit about 75 I got a slight vibration and a noise along with it. Thinking it was just my choppy tires I lowered my speed and proceeded. I got down to the emporia( North Carolina Virginia border basically) and had to fill up. I looked under for some reason and saw fluid everywhere. I looked and my transfer case was cracked around my tailshaft housing. I grabbed some rtv and tried to fix it but it leaked out within the parking lot. I figured it made it this far so I might as well drive it back. Some how it made it all the way back with no fluid. I know it's burned up but what should I upgrade too. I have a 5 in lift, 35s and 4.56 gears. My manager at work said if I put a jasper one in it'll happen again. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 322
OP
OP
V

va_ram_1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Another angle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 81

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Find another 2nd gen truck at a junkyard and buy a transfer case lol. They all fit 1500/3500

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
I'm assuming this is what snap ring failure looks like?

The problem everyone lists on "common 2nd gen ram problems", but not too many have. I guess you're one of them.

If that's it, then get a new tcase and install a tcase saver.

OP
OP
V

va_ram_1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I'm assuming this is what snap ring failure looks like?

The problem everyone lists on "common 2nd gen ram problems", but not too many have. I guess you're one of them.

If that's it, then get a new tcase and install a tcase saver.

What is a tcase saver?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I would just swap a jy one in and do the saver. Cheaper and still reliable. These are actually a pretty decent t case if you're not going crazy with 40"+ tires and **** like that