Cruise Control Not Engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
I drive a 2001 Ram 1500 5.2 318. When I hit the cruise control button on the wheel the "cruise" light comes on in the odometer, but cruise control does not engage. I have looked for a fuse that controls cruise but havent found one. I checked the vacuum line and vacuum connectors coming off of the cruise control servo and it looks good as new. I have also checked the cable going from the servo to the throttle body and it looks good. I am taking a trip across the state (6 hours total) later today and would love to get this fixed before then. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance guys.

Dee907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
theres little like pistons inside the module under the hood take it apart very carefully and clean them up there is a video on youtube a guy shows u how to do it, just google it should come up they always stick and get a little surface rust on them how i dont know but his did the same thing and now it works mine does the samething just havent done it yet lol anyways hope this helps