Delete Height Sensing Proportion Valve on Rear of 99 2500 V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Hey Guys!

My 2500 flat bed has had abs light on and brake light on since purchase. Have replaced both sensors, suspect possible abs module bad (which is usually a dealer only thing due to calibration) Has anyone deleted this valve on rear driver side frame rail? Or zip ******* the valve lever? Am pretty much only braking on front brakes. I am lifted 4.75 on rear and 3 inch on front.

Recently started using flat bed as my daily use tow truck while in search of another wrecker. Need to be able to stop.

Any help or tips appreciated!

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Sure you can get rid of it. It's not recommended, but possible.

The direction to secure it will depend on the normally loaded condition of the vehicle.

If you are more often than not, unloaded, tie it in the down position, this will allow the front brakes to do most of the work and prevent the rears from locking up during high deceleration stops if the ABD isn't working.

If you're normally loaded, tie it in the up position, this will allow the rears to fully act and prevent the front brakes from wearing out or warping as bad, it will also allow greater stopping power when loaded compared to using a majority of the front.

OP
OP
DodgeTx

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I have it zip tied half way now, the rears are locking and making me skid with vehicles on back. I suspect my ABS module is to blame.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I have it zip tied half way now, the rears are locking and making me skid with vehicles on back. I suspect my ABS module is to blame.

The ABS module won't cause them to lock, but it won't stop it from locking either if it's not working.

OP
OP
DodgeTx

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
purchased a used abs module, will come in about a week, will update.

jlbayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 & 1997
Engine
5.9l cummins
I have deleted mine. Removed the feed line & outlet line and connected them. You likely have another issue with the position of the valve and/or rear shoe adjustment.