Dually wheels on 2500 axel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlatbedHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, I know the dually conversion conversation has been beat to death, however, in my searching, I have not seen anyone talk about running dually wheels on a 2500 axel WITHOUT spacers. So, here’s my question.

Been wanting another flatbed for a while, and this time I want some recessed (built in) top access toolboxes. However, even stretching the bed to 7’ wide to cover my offset wheels now, I only get around 50” of flat cargo space between the boxes. Was just curious as to wether I could run a set of duals on my stock axle and run a wider bed without looking too funny or having a lot of bed hanging over the tires. I am not looking to increase capacity or anything like that. Strictly for looks. But, I refuse to run spacers because I still use the truck to do work, and personally know people who have run into all sorts of problems with running spacers on the rear and towing or hauling.

Mainly wondering if the inside tire will clear the brakes and not rub the coil springs.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think the 2500 & SRW 3500 have the same rear axle up until 2016-ish. You can tell by the RAWR on the 2500 - 6500# is the same, 6000# is the newer/different one.

I don't know this for certain but kind of stumbled upon it during a debate on here a while back. Someone posted part numbers proving the axles were different and the difference was only from 2016 onward. I never cared enough to actually find the #s pre-2016 but that might help you.

OP
OP
FlatbedHemi

FlatbedHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the 2500 & SRW 3500 have the same rear axle up until 2016-ish. You can tell by the RAWR on the 2500 - 6500# is the same, 6000# is the newer/different one.

I don't know this for certain but kind of stumbled upon it during a debate on here a while back. Someone posted part numbers proving the axles were different and the difference was only from 2016 onward. I never cared enough to actually find the #s pre-2016 but that might help you.

Yeah but that’s comparing srw to srw. I am wondering if duals will fit a srw axle without spacers.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yeah but that’s comparing srw to srw. I am wondering if duals will fit a srw axle without spacers.

Dually axles are usually narrower than SRW axles by somewhere around half an inch - or used to be. I'm not positive on newer trucks. Spacers are on the front axle.