E-Fan Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
It can be done to Semi trucks, however its not factory. I think only European manufacturers use electric fans factory, besides a select few ISX and Mercedes prototypes in the states. Heavy duty diesel is slow to adapt to new technology and standards as they test the reliability for such a long time. Downtime is lost value on a road truck, if its on a semi you can bet its going to last, or at the very least be easy to replace.

I know when I was trucking I would prefer a mechanical fan. At least I could bolt it if the clutch quit and Keep on Truckin.
Being stuck in the mountains, at night, in the winter, on a desolate road because an electric fan quit would **** me off.

OP
OP
Sport

Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Interesting points, I wonder if the stock alternator would have issues with the fans at idle? On the FF Dynamics website they claim an 18 A draw for both fans at full RPM's.

What I like about a dual E Fan setup is if one fails, you still have another fan so you aren't stranded. Sounds like it might be an unnecessary upgrade though, my truck has no cooling issues, I was mainly looking at warming it up faster in cold weather and some more off the line torque.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
dual e-fans are nice but you can get away with 1. most of the time you rarely use or need them. you only need them in traffic. i got dual electric fans on my vehicle since i was able to get a setup that fit my rad good cheap from an auto recycler. it also only pulls about 20 amps with both fans on and running full power. they also have no problem at all keeping my engine cool.
cSq4UIZQ4fi9MlSbDiglfWRpcB2aFiAz3R2HR=w479-h638-no.jpg
ZtWAwk1oaWYAn93yMlwfad9NP0HrVVeXQMn6L=w851-h638-no.jpg