engine swap idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

astevens656

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i have a 98 ram 1500 laramaie 4x4 and the only bad thing about the truck is the gas mileage. its decent for a truck i guess but if i could get it better it would be nice. so just a thought but what are yalls opinion on taking out the 5.2 and putting in ls3 6.2l motor for gm. i know in the denalies they get like 15 16 in city and 20 on the highway. can this be done? i know it would fit but whats yalls opinion really need help on this.

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The amount of money it would cost you to change to the gm motor would be far more than any savings you would ever see in fuel economy.
You would need the motor, trans, computer, transfer case, custom drive shafts, custom mounts, possibly custom steering box, custom exhaust, plus all the small stuff like plumbing, fuel delivery, etc..
Just my opinion but, not worth it in the end.
If you want to spend a few bucks there are some things you can do to your existing equipment to get better fuel economy. Ford front knuckle conversion with manual hubs, cold air intake, quality headers - high flow cat - and catback system. Keeping your foot off the floorboard :crazy:
What kinda mileage are you getting? Mine gets about 10 around town and 13-14 on the highway.