Looking to gut the electronics on an 01 4x4 ram & do a engine/trans/ECU swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonnymick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Dogdge Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hi, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab with 5.9 Magnum V8 & 4 speed Auto Trans & Im looking to do something a bit... different, with it.

i have a 94 Lexus LS400 with a 4.0 32v Toyota V8 & a fantastic auto trans, while i have my ram with a slowly failing v8 & auto trans that im not particularly fond of & dont feel like replacing & keeping.

So ive elected to remove the engine/trans from the ram (its been sitting for 6 months or so as is) & have an adapter made to attach the Toyota auto trans to the Ram transfer case & then i intend pretty much the entirety of the electronics out of the LS & scrap/sell off whats left.

Whats needed to make the abs work & the transfer case still actuate with the old computer removed?

OP
OP
J

jonnymick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Dogdge Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
& yes i do realize that this is quite an undertaking, but its one ive really wanted to do for some time now & id rather spend the extra time & money on that rather than rebuilding/replacing the stock engine/trans.

its hard to argue with 25-30mpg on the LS & more hp with that incredible 32v v8 sound. i realize its only got 20% less tq but in very cool with that as i had a 95 toyota T100 3.4 dohc truck (not the junk 3.0) & it was an all out monster!! i still miss that truck...