The right engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Genxramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
New guy here from Alabama. I am looking for some information on doing a plug and play stroker or built engine to swap my 5.7 hemi in my 2006 ram 1500 mega cab 4x4. It is a daily driver. I am looking for the strongest setup possible. One other thing if stock transmission and transfer case will hold up or what I need to change it to. Thanks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nothing beyond stock will truly be plug and play because you will still need custom tuning. Physically plug and play will be any non-VVT 5.7 from 2003 to 2008 or 6.1 from 2005 to 2010.Anything beyond a cam swap on stock displacement your stock trans will not like and there's nothing you can do about it other than swap trans. To that end you have options that will either work or can be made to work with a transfer case.

OP
OP
G

Genxramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah I missed worded that. I have heard that some engines want run in my truck because of the computer but I don’t know if that’s true or not. That was what I was meaning. I am looking to run a stroker. What would be the strongest set up I could run as a daily driver on pump gas. This would motor trans. And transfer case ?