M1 four-barrel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hey all. Seems a few fuel-injected M1 intake manifolds have been popping up for sale! Problem is they're all the 4-barrel kind. I know that these are really more suited to higher-tier built engines but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask. With tuning, can the M1 4-barrel work dandy with an engine with factory heads/cam? These things are at best equal in price and for the most part more than a brand new Hughes AirGap and I'm certain that the AirGap will be friendlier with a bolt-on engine. Or would it?

Just curious on opinions. Also, a couple of these include an adapter for a two-barrel throttle body. Would this make any real difference or would it be best to look for a 4-barrel throttle body?

Thanks in advance for any input!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Big heavy ram they're less suited unless big power. Air gap will build more tq to get er moving

goodtodoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 indy pace truck
Engine
I got 1 a few weeks ago. Pretty rare item. And I really don,t care if I use it or not. it,s just nice to look at.

Attachments

• 1505422030354.jpg
    1505422030354.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 11