New Exhaust!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well I got my truck back yesterday with the new pipes!!! OMG it is awesome. I know some of you were saying it was going to be ungodly. Well it is god like. lol

Exactly what I was wanting. Low rpm in town nice deep grumble. Go to the highway and tear into it. Loud and proud!! Real test will be when I leave tomorrow. Already being told it sounds great but umm we heard ya comin. Oh well. Now onto the sound clip.

Old Setup:
[yt]K8t2FtDEAnY[/yt]

New Setup:
[yt]qkLrf7fL6J0[/yt]

Best thing is... this guy knows his stuff!! It's only 3 pieces of pipe fromt he y back. one piece to the passenger. 2 on the driver side.

The ting at the end of the new setup the tips were really close to the hitch so at idle it sometimes will hit. I bent it away a bit. But the guy said if I find something wrong with it he will fix it. He didn't like how the tips came out so if I didn't like them he would fix it. Enjoy!!

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Thanks Caleb!! You should make the trip to dallas this week and meet up for lunch!! You could hear it.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Looks great damn work and no sound. I will have to listen to her purr tonight.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man it sounds awesome, bit did they hear the exhaust or that ting. That would drive me nuts.... well more nuts.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Lol yea I bent the pipe more so it isn't doing it now. If it drives me nuts too much I'll take it back and have it fixed. But for now its all throat!! Not to bad while pulling the uhaul either.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok bringin this thread back for some other ideas. Turns out that the new setup and my new shocks don't get along with the spare. There isn't enough cleanance for the pipe to bend around the shock and pass the tire and exit. So any other ideas on where I can place the tips?? Still want them out the back but I don't want them to ring or melt my spare.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
45s out the behind the rear tires closer to the rear bumper rather than the tire

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I think he means after the rear axle, but before the bumper coming out on each side just before the bumper corner. Sounds pretty good. Similar to mine, but not as loud. You wouldnt belive how many times I get stopped and asked what exhaust setup I'm running on my Ram, and people are often surprised to learn it's just 2" pipe from the engine all the way back.
Dave

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Yea I have 2 3/4 I think from the cat all the way back to the 4 inch rolled tips. Love it. Got that ring fixed too.

AParrette

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
3.8L SUPERCHARGED
hmm i had 3" on the 5.9 to a racing pellet that just ended after the cab (so "dumped")

i actually prefered the dumped look to tips
kinda stuck on the car tho, or else it would dump right before the gastank area

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Thanks. Uea I could have gone 3 but that was more money.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

joetama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Damn man sounds like a beast!

MDS crew checking in... :shrug: