Replacing engine. What to do while the engine is out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jared.hammel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
I have a 99 1500 5.9 Magnum. I going to be pulling my blown engine out on a few weeks and I'm wanting to know what kind of mods should I do while the engine is out. And that would require it to be out or are just easier with it out of the way. Just want a general list of things I could do while the engine is out.

:big_banana_Dance:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Personally i would focus on timing chain plenum and headers for starters but if you can swing the cash it'll be easier to do a cam with engine out and heads would be a good addition too

OP
OP
J

jared.hammel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
Personally i would focus on timing chain plenum and headers for starters but if you can swing the cash it'll be easier to do a cam with engine out and heads would be a good addition too

Dumb question... Heads are not the valve covers right?.........:suicide:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Clean up the engine bay too. Degrease, maybe paint, sort through some wiring and put some wire loom around it, make it pretty!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
OMG! Change tq converter. Stock TCs in these trucks are junk. TCs and valvebody problems are what cause these trans to grenade