supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHRIS0044

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MAGNUM 5.9
hello new to the forum i was wonder if i would be able to add a supercharger to 1995 dodge ram 2500, i know procharger makes a kit for the 96 and up but im wondering if it would work on mine, and what i would have to do to make it work, any help would be GREAT

OP
OP
C

CHRIS0044

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MAGNUM 5.9
i wonder how hard that would be

Ram444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Find a speed shop that can install a Pro Charger and upgrade the computer.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Find a speed shop that can install a Pro Charger and upgrade the computer.

Procharger=bolt on/ 1 day job

Upgraded computer....3 options. 1 is the Mopar Performance PCM that won't do a very good job at all with boost. 2 is the BG obd1 flash mentioned above but it leaves a bit to be desired and is limited vs the 3rd option. 3 is obd2 conversion and sct tune. Most flexibility and ease of update regarding the tune, most comprehensive and most control. Yes, the conversion will be a pain in the ass having to switch out the engine harness and cluster for a 96/97 year setup and a little bit of trans annoyance but the benefits outweigh the labor in my opinion

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Procharger=bolt on/ 1 day job

Upgraded computer....3 options. 1 is the Mopar Performance PCM that won't do a very good job at all with boost. 2 is the BG obd1 flash mentioned above but it leaves a bit to be desired and is limited vs the 3rd option. 3 is obd2 conversion and sct tune. Most flexibility and ease of update regarding the tune, most comprehensive and most control. Yes, the conversion will be a pain in the ass having to switch out the engine harness and cluster for a 96/97 year setup and a little bit of trans annoyance but the benefits outweigh the labor in my opinion

Your est on $$$ doing this?? I mean the full mealdeal !

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Can get a junkyard harness and cluster in my area for like $100. Go through replace the sleeving and make sure nothing is obviously broken while it's off and easy to get to. ****** part is the labor really.

OP
OP
C

CHRIS0044

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MAGNUM 5.9
i talked with chris squire from hotwire.com all i have to do is send in my harness and the fuse block and buy a computer from him the harness with be 550 and the computer will be 325. If he can put a hemi in a jeep jk and get to pass emissions, then should be easy for him, that will be the last thing i do before the supercharger, just need to know what emissions devices a 97 has different then a 95 besides o2