Battery Relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
So its time for a new battery. I've been holing out because i hate dealing with batteries but its just time. Has anyone here done a battery relocation to the bed? i dont think so but i figured id check. while im getting a new battery i may as well relocate it to the bed being as i have a bedliner and good sealing bed cover. plus #racetruck ill get more weight over the rear end and better traction :crazy: . I know they sell kits and itll probably cost me another $100-150 or so... but itll free up space in the engine compartment and make it look much cleaner...

OP
OP
rammanriley20

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
well i plan on putting it in the bed in front of the drivers side wheel well. that way i have the drain in the bed to run wires and also its a few feet closer to the original location so thats less wire i need. ill just make my own battery tray and mounting stuff and get wiring from a local place

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Even though it's easier on the driverside, what about passenger side for a little better weight distribution? Lessen the sag on the driverside that happens over time? Just an idea.

OP
OP
rammanriley20

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Even though it's easier on the driverside, what about passenger side for a little better weight distribution? Lessen the sag on the driverside that happens over time? Just an idea.
Well then you run into the problem of having to route the wiring... i looked underneath and it would be possible but i would have to make a few additional brackets and it would be much more difficult. but it may be worth it in the long run... i usually have a tub in the bed thats about 30ish pounds so i can just put that on the pass side to distribute the weight as well. so either way i go i can even the weight out with the tub