center console subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamCode

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
ok this is for anyone who has built thier own center console sub box. i am looking to do the same and was wondering if i could get some advice as to designs. ive looked around but couldnt hardly get any definite deminsions. im looking to fit a single 12 that needs 1.02 cubic feet of airspace. any help is appreciated. thanks.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Kicker Solobaric Classics, round and require minimum .66 cu ft.

OP
OP
RamCode

RamCode

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I have the sub. More so lookibg for box building help.

Tapatalk Time

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
ahhh, gocha...start with cutting pieces of cardboard and design what you want, then figure what size wood you plan to use. 1/2", 5/8? Then calculate internal dims minus the thickness of the wood, taking into consideration on both sides.
So say you make a cardboard console, and you plan to use 1/2" MDF. And the extrernal dims across the console is 14"...it would be 13" wide internal.
Internal dims 12x12x12 is 1.0 cu ft

OP
OP
RamCode

RamCode

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Thanks. I think I have a design that will work. 13.5x8.5x26

Tapatalk Time

OP
OP
RamCode

RamCode

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Anyone think they could help with dimensions on this? This would be a perfect box.

Tapatalk Time

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391582446075.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391582446075.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 714

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
time to grab some cardboard :)

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Built a few center console boxes and am in the process of planning a new box for my truck.
1 cu/ft is pretty easy to obtain...if the box is a bit big, you can always add a few internal blocks of wood to reduce internal volume. Plus, remember to account for the subwoofer displacement inside the box. Having tried many different configurations, you will def want to down fire your sub. Subwoofer will have to be 2 inches above carpet when down firing.
food, for thought....you will lose output with a center console box due to there being no place for the subwoofer to load up....many people think the floor will help load the subwoofer, but it will only load to a point so be prepared to lose output.
The sound quality will def increase though...best of luck
Use 3/4" MDF if you can

NRA4ever

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a ported 1.25 box in my Ram with a Skar DVC 10 inch sub. It's slot ported & tuned to 30 hz. It fires down. The box fills the space between the seats & almost touches the cup holder in front. Its even with the seats when they are all the way back. It hits real hard. I have a old JL Audio 500/1 driving it My box is about 4 inches above the carpet. I put a good layer of dynamat under the whole floor board. I can get the measurements in the morning. Its built of 3/4 MDF & braced well I covered it with bedliner paint & dyed that the grey color of my interior.I don't want to give up my rear seat for a bigger sub box. I'm happy with my little system. All I have for high & mids are a set of Kicker 2 way 6.5s. They sound good for what I paid for them. A have a Phoenix Gold ms 275 driving them