Electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mitchjay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a 2002 1500 with a 5.9. I put projector headlights in 2 years ago and recently the halos and leds in the drivers side light quit working, i figured it was bulbs but before I was able to try to fix it I've encountered more issues. My radio has been cutting in and out and now spends more time off than on. Also when the key is off I have no electrical components in the cab. I can't lock or unlock the doors, no interior lights, no door chime, nothing. I've checked all fuses and put a test light in each receptacle and found all of that to be working. Where should I go from here?

OP
OP
mitchjay

mitchjay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update, the check engine light popped on this afternoon and I took it 2 different places to have it looked at. Neither place could get the computer to hook up. Is there an issue with the ECM?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If they couldn't read the codes it could be a PCM problem but it may also be the code reader they used.

I suspect that 1) you have a wiring problem at the headlight and 2) potentially a front control module or a powertrain control module or a main power ground problem.

But those are all guesses. See if you can't get the code(s) read.

OP
OP
mitchjay

mitchjay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the help. I'm taking it to a guy who is going to hook a computer up and see what he can find. I originally thought it could be the reader as well which is why I took it to the 2nd place. I've had codes read at both places before. I'll start checking the wiring at the headlight, thats what I suspected to begin with but it all happened close enough together that I thought maybe it was related. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990