LED Turn Signal Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aluminum

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
I Installed LED Switchbacks for my front turn signals. But now my lights flash weird (NOT HYPERFLASH) Sometimes I'll turn on the signal and it will stay on for a few seconds before it starts to blink, sometimes I'll Turn the signal on and it will blink really fast but at a different rate then the rear signal. Sometimes it'll brink really fast then get slower and slower and slower. I've installed LED Load resistors I've used 3 different kinds and the last set mad the signals stay on all the time. Any ideas?

lucemsequimur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
This may sound crazy but if I were you I'd build a little circuit designed to do the turn signals with LEDs. Turn signal using 555 timer Something like that, if you're familiar with electronics stuff like this is probably some of the most basic things you can build. I know I'm probably not a big help here but I notice stuff like this tends to happen when you're trying to retrofit it to a circuit designed to flash high wattage incandescents.