Intermittent turn signal error message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

internetdel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
On my 2016 2500, occasionally, I get a message that my left rear turn signal light is out. The flasher in the cab flashes extra fast, but the outside turn signals all work at normal speed -- no lights out. Then, maybe even the next time I use the turn signal, it is all back to normal with no error messages and normal flashing in the cab. Any ideas?

MSDelta

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Do you have the LED tail lights? I had that happen on my 2016 1500 Laramie. It was very intermittent, but in my case seemed to happen more often when the ambient temperature was high.

After looking at it closely, I could see that in the top row of LED’s a few were not lit. It is my guess that this was the cause of the fault. As my blinker was still functioning ok (and after looking at prices of a replacement) and not a safety issue, I decided to keep on running it.

I no longer have the truck, so I don’t know how it’s working now or if a replacement would have fixed it.

Edit - I forgot to mention that I did also check all of the grounds.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 2016 2500, occasionally, I get a message that my left rear turn signal light is out. The flasher in the cab flashes extra fast, but the outside turn signals all work at normal speed -- no lights out. Then, maybe even the next time I use the turn signal, it is all back to normal with no error messages and normal flashing in the cab. Any ideas?

I would recommend inspecting the ground connection and the wiring for the signal light. If the ground is heavily oxidated and/or corroded, you may get a lamp-out indication.

After resolving the LR lamp fault then you might perform the same maintenance on the RR lamp/wiring/ground. :cool:

DerekW66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Most likely you have a few led’s out if you have the led tail lights. There are 8 individual lamps and if a few go out you will have those same symptoms. I had 3-4 out but it all looked ok. Look closely at each row. I bought a new tail light and it sorted it out perfectly. I don’t think you can swap out the lamps individually, if it can be done, it’s probably pretty in-depth since the lens cover has to come off the body.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat