Tail gate light bar wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ray0214

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On 2010 Dodge ram I am trying to find the correct color coded wires from the factory installed trailer plug to connect a tail gate light bar. The light bar has a standard flat 4 prong plug. I could plug it into the factory plug but i dont want it to show all the time so I would like to direct wire it into the back of the factory plug. I has the standard green yellow brown and white wire... the question is what wire behind the factory plug do these wires connect to for right and left turn signal, and brake and running lights. The light bar also has a seperate white wire for back up lights, so I need to know where this wire goes. There are seven wires coming from the factory plug: Red - Black - brown - green - white w/red - white w/orange - white w/green. I assume the black is ground and the red would be power, so which wires do i connect the 4 wires from the light bar, plus the white wire for backup lights

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
May want to post this in the 4th gen section someone there may have already done this and can help u better