New truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What's up everyone I haven't posted in a long time because of several big changes going on in my life but wanted to come in and post my new truck. I had a 2012 rt before this and ended up upgrading last week to this beast a 2015 ram 2500 with the cummins motor. Only thing done to it so far is window tint and I put on a 5" mbrp exhaust tip I had laying around for now

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427240209.171453.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427240222.638841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks guys I'm doing a lot of reading as I really don't have almost any idea on what mods to do for this truck I'm new to the diesel world. With my rt it was easy I had it fully bolt on converter and tune but with this things it's all new

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone I might start a build thread or just use this one and I'm open to ideas for anything on the truck

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What kind of mods are you looking to start with???

Something to keep in mind is that go fast parts are ex-pen-sive for the newer diesels. EPA crackdown has really trimmed the field of companies that offer products for these trucks. TsStryker, Edge and Bullydog make emissions intact engine tuners. Custom emissions delete tuning is becoming available on the EFI Live platform but it is still pretty early and costly. S&B makes a good looking intake if you want some more turbo whistle. The stock airbox flows really well so adding an intake doesn't make any more power.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was reading about the emissions stuff and it seems like I should wait till efi or h&s comes out with something .. Also I'm probably going to look for what are the must do mods to make the truck more reliable not that it's not reliable how it is but whatever I can do to help it out I'll give it a try.. Also probably going to start looking at lifts and wheels and tires for it soon. Color match bumpers will come soon also and maybe I'll get a set of headlights and tail lights from jj... I have my eyes on that s&b but like you said I've read that the stock one is good till 500hp. But turbo whistle does make the s&b an option for me. I might start with taking the foam out of the oem intake and see how that sounds since that's something I read today

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
PPEI custom tuning EFI AutoCal offers Off-Road tuning is available for 2013, to 2015 6.7 Cummins through Rolling Smoke Diesel. Egr/cooler delete with block off plates, turbo-back exhaust, and trans tune is available. The kit comes, and will need the Bully Dog GT tuner, with Bully Dog unlock cable to unlock the ECM only. You can use the Bully Dog GT tuner to monitor and to use as gauges to view different parameters, just like the Mini-Max. H&S is no longer selling down-loaders, and tuners due to the crack-down of EPA, along with a hefty 1 million dollar fine from the California CARB act in the state of California, for selling tuners, and down-loaders. So as of now H&S Motorsports only sells calibrations, turbos, and fuel systems only.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Cool I'll look them up for sure and see what I decide. For now I'm actually enjoying the truck it's very smooth for being a heavy duty truck

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I cant wait to see what you do with her. :waytogo: These trucks look awesome with some beefy tires and it doesn't take much to fit 35s without rubbing.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks im really liking the fuel renegade wheels but then at the same time American force has some really nice wheels also so I guess its probably up to how much I want to spend.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
well looks like I found one of my first must do mods. I was reading on the cummins forum and they have a lot of people take the ccv hose off because itll get oil residue all over the turbo so im going to go buy a piece of hose with a 90 a little filter and a cap and try to make this mod myself since 50 for all that seems a little much

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
well looks like I found one of my first must do mods. I was reading on the cummins forum and they have a lot of people take the ccv hose off because itll get oil residue all over the turbo so im going to go buy a piece of hose with a 90 a little filter and a cap and try to make this mod myself since 50 for all that seems a little much
Nice looking truck.
While you are down there capping off the port on the intake, that'll be a good time to remove the intake baff like you mentioned prior. :waytogo:

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nice looking truck.
While you are down there capping off the port on the intake, that'll be a good time to remove the intake baff like you mentioned prior. :waytogo:

good idea ill get two things out of the way at the same time!! im looking into the ccv thing more first though since it seems like some people start throwing codes when doing this mod

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
beautiful truck, welcome to the club and most of all enjoy your ride.:)

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks for the welcome I am enjoying it its just so different getting used to it compared to my RT

wuhungsix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
If you want ANY performance gains you NEED to delete. You will here this time and time again. When you delete you will have a whole new truck. I would save any money you're thinking of spending on filter back exhaust or CAI, as they will do nothing for a stock truck.

I run a H&S XRT Pro trans unlock and MCC tunes from Anarchy Diesel on a mild tow tune and I'm very satisfied with the minor increase in power. But since H&S is mostly defunked, EFI is all the rave right now but still a work in progress. Rolling Smoke Diesel can help you along.

Shortly after you delete I would suggest some ARP head studs to keep your head gasket intact. And a fuel filter sytem like this Mobile Site Preview
In case you get a bad tank of fuel. And a set of gauges to monitor boost and EGTs at the manifold.

Good luck and have fun.