Got stopped by the man

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Got pulled over today for tinted tail lights. Asked for my license and registration gave it to him, he wrote down my info gave my stuff back and said to correct the violations. I did what he said, I didn't get a ticket and I didn't get my ass beat fancy that lol.

Edit wrong section. Mods please move to 4th gen general discussion

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So what were the violations? The tinted tails?

If so, how about a pic of the tails so we can see what he had a problem with?

OP
OP
homebrew

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
No mud flaps and tinted tail lights. Gotta figure out how to strip them down and re coat them so they are more transparent. They look dark but you can clearly see the running lights at day time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 100

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What distance are they visible from in day light and what is your states law on that? I know some states, as long as they are visible from 250 feet in daylight, it's legal and any ticket for a violation can be thrown out if you can prove they are up to spec on visible distance. Might be all you need is to upgrade to a high end LED lamp setup...

OP
OP
homebrew

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
He didn't actually write up which is cool. He wrote down my info, as I was driving away I drove by him it looked like he was typing on his laptop. Idk if that's the way they do warnings or if he just had to annotate that he made a stop "quota control"

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What he was typing in his laptop was that he made a stop, told you to correct the issues and now if you get stopped again for any other type of traffic violation and still have not corrected the issue they will write you a ticket for violations and failure to correct issue and then write another ticket for whatever they stopped you for the first time.

On another note, I dont see any issues with your tails. Should see some of the vehicles around my area. Some of them have them so dark you cannot even see them at night.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You didn't get shot either, which is great. Now a days the cops think a simple traffic stop is like the O.K. Corral, lol.

wblv17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I got pulled over two weeks ago in the stang for 56 in a 70. lol

No really he pulled me over for no front plate, got a warning ticket. He then asked to me to roll the side window up to check for tint darkness. I bet next time he gets his head out of the window before asking. All most got him with window when I rolled it halfway up like he requested, he told me to roll it up. Then I proceed to tell him see they are not tinted. Lol Got to love a out of town state trooper, the normal local police aren't that bad about little items. And no the plate isn't going on, I told that trooper those are tickets I will just have to take.