Brand new RAM died in the middle of the road!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EcoDieselDog

EcoDieselDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I did not see a release, so no I did not push it. But from watching the video, if you don't push the release, you can't pull the cord and move the device out. I pulled on the cord and the device came out like it does in the video. Just didn't do anything.

In my defense, I was in the middle of the road with traffic and was a little stressed. Tow tuck driver also could not get it to release.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I hope your truck dries out and starts working again. If moisture on the dash is an issue, why dont these tint shops put down a water barrier like a towel, or something?
Exactly what I was thinking.
By the sounds of this I would never have tint done with all the electronics now.

SIRIUS BLACK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I had my 23 1500 tinted, including the front windshield. They have to line the bottom with something to catch the liquid so it doesn't run down behind the dash.
I hope your situation sorts itself out without costing you any cash out of pocket.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly what I was thinking.
By the sounds of this I would never have tint done with all the electronics now.
I asked them that. Response: do you want the tint to go all the way to the bottom of the glass? Unavoidable. It runs down the edge of the glass and never even touches the dash. They do use towels and what not but can’t get it all.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I asked them that. Response: do you want the tint to go all the way to the bottom of the glass? Unavoidable. It runs down the edge of the glass and never even touches the dash. They do use towels and what not but can’t get it all.
I would put up with the tint being an inch or two short rather than risk frying the electronics. You can't look out that low on the windshield anyhow and no one but you would ever notice. Hope you get lucky and it dries out perfect.

Last edited:

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Whole front windshield? Ballzy….

Jbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m sorry to hear OP! I’ve had moisture issues in the past - I’ve always been able to solve them with lots of bags of desiccant and a fan of some kind. Just tape them all around on your dash and under, let the car sit for a while. By the next day it should’ve absorbed any excess moisture.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When I had my front windshield tinted they put plenty of towels on the dash and I had no issues. It's well worth having done to get the UV protection. Hope your truck gets returned to you soon.

Red

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is an eye opening post. I’m hesitant about tint now but more so who I’m willing to have install it.
Similar issue happened to a coworker. Had his windshield replace on a f250. Did not seal properly. Water leak onto the fuse box and resulted in the same issues you are having. Lucky for him, the glass company was cited as responsible and paid for the fuse box replacement. The truck was repaired with all functions operating as normal. Hoping the same for you pall.

jasoninatl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I actually had something very similar happen on my 2013 1500, so I will share in case it was the water from the tinting. So, mine also went crazy, lights going bonkers, windshield wipers going, and then nothing...nada....dead as a door nail. Took to the dealership, and they ran test after test after test and could not figure it out. Finally after it was there a week, so college kid working there over the summer cleaning cars heard two of the techs discussing it. He went to the driver side door, opened it, pulled some cable from the left side of the break where there is a connector, pulled it apart, straighten some pins that were bent, reconnected and MAGIC. Car worked. He said that people often times when reaching into the back seat, will press the connector up in the floorboard with their left foot.

bavelsgard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi etorque
I was driving my five day old 2023 RAM Laramie home from getting the windows tinted yesterday when all kinds of warning lights started going off. I think the first one was "Electric Stability Control Off". It was still driving OK, so I tried to get it home. A few miles later I started getting a bunch more lights, and all of the gauges quit working. It was in limp mode and I had about a mile to go to get home, so I kept driving. Would have made it, I think, but a guy in front of me stopped, so I had to, and once I quit moving the truck died completely. No lights, nothing. I tried pulling the orange rope behind the panel under the parking brake so I could move the car to the side, but that didn't work either! Called a tow truck. The tow driver couldn't get anything to work either, and we were trying to figure out how he was going to move the truck onto his tower. He hit the run button for about the 20th time, and some of the lights came on! He as able to get it into neutral long enough to get it loaded. Got it to the dealer, and everything was still dead. Waiting to see what they find. Has anybody else heard of anything like this??

Forgot to mention, while I was driving along with all of fault lights on, the windshield wipers were going and I couldn't shut them off.....
Same issue here. The dealer had to replace battery in the etorque system. 3 weeks to get the part from ram

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Yeah as long as you stick with a light tint, you hardly know it's there. Now if you do something like 5% tint, that's hard to see out of. I bought a '94 Mustang GT years ago that was tinted 5% all around including the windshield and nearly hit a parked car in my parents neighborhood cuz I couldn't see it lol. Needless to say that got stripped a couple days later

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Do you guys actually realize that the factory windshield tint and laminated construction already blocks over 90% of UV Ray's. Once again we have after market suppliers selling a benefit you don't need and potentially cooking your electronics at the same time. If you doubt this go ahead and Google it before telling me I am wrong.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357