IronX vs Industrial Fallout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xtr3me

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a few pics of a white vehicle that has been exposed to chemical fallout. The owner of the vehicle works at a paper mill and this was the daily driver for 1 year... The vehicle had been washed twice with Dawn detergent prior to using Iron X. The rail dust and caustic fallout contaminants were beyond the ability of a clay bar as clay bars remove surface contaminants. So Iron X was the answer as it opens the pores of the paint to assist in removing embedded contaminates. I no longer do any detailing, except on my own vehicles, this vehicle is the exception since my sister owns it. So, I used the remaining bottle of Iron X that I had which has been on the shelf for at least a year. I swear it evaporates

As can be seen in pics, a pretty severe case indeed. The roof, hood and trunk will need to be wet sanded, followed by a good polishing (possibly re-cleared) as the fallout has etched into the paint, leaving the clear coat pitted and rough feeling. The contaminates were so bad, after the Iron X set for several minutes and turned purple, I had to scrub with a wash mitt to remove the majority of stubborn stains.

First pic is of hood, I didn't take any pics prior to application of Iron X on hood as I had no intentions of posting results. For reference, the 2nd pic of roof is similar to what the hood looked like. Included a few half/half pics of the trunk.

Regular maintenance, waxing or coating applications could have prevented this damage.. End result, while there may be newer and better products on the market, Iron X is still a good choice for removing industrial fallout....

raw-2_zpstcqxvszd.jpg

raw-8_zpsyplkzv76.jpg

raw-5_zpsadl0apjz.jpg

raw-6_zpssdclnc17.jpg

raw-11_zpszflb3zkp.jpg

raw-10_zpss4xk8cem.jpg