4th Gen Remote start for under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so his email is

[email protected]

his names doug, im sure he would be able to help ya out.

and damn you guys with your hot weather :( it was -20 the entire drive home

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine doesnt. Are you talking about when you lock it? If so that is changed through the cluster. Its one of the settings

Sent from my SIII using Tapatalk 2

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I bought this system a few days ago. Doug from the ebay website was very quick in shipping. The two components arrived before Christmas. When he shipped them he plugged the two ends(male/female) of the harness into themselves probabley for safety during shipping. Anyway...I had to work very hard to separate them. It's a miracle that I didn't damage either plastic housing or the pins inside. Some of the pins looked slightly bent though. When I went to plug the male end of the harness into the ignition it was again a very tight fit. I couldn't even get it to seat all the way. I didn't press to hard for fear of busting one of the two connectors. :banghead:
Anyway..it was in far enough becasue the remote start worked as designed. The horn was bothering me too as mentioned above so I just went into the EVIC options and disabled horn when locking. :thumbup:
I'm very annoyed with the range of this key fob though. If there is one advantage of an aftermarket system it's the extended range.

I'm going to email Doug and see if he will swap out harnesses.

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah same stuff happened to me lol make sure its pressed into the ignition far enough so thst it clicks though or else it can fall out and you cant start or remotelessly lock n unlock your truck aha

phloozy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
mine should arrive tomorrow!

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So was this thread useful or did you guys find it out somr where else?

Sideshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Rubicon 2D
Engine
Pentastar
Mine came today and took literally 5 min to install.
It's as easy as it looks.

RyeRey521

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
I ordered the harness, main unit and the xLoader so I know it will be set up correctly all from amazon for like 75 bucks... Can't beat that.... Just waiting for the xLoader, should be here today so I can do the install....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I like this option. I can't really say I do much need it for the cold but the summers in south Florida are brutal. It would be nice to have the air conditioner cool the truck before I get in. It was in the low 80's here today I think. The palms were shifting in the wind, that's a good day.

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did the DBall and so far no issues. Easy to install and under $100. Good for defrosting the windows on those muggy central florida mornings lol

Sent from my SIII using Tapatalk 2

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like this option. I can't really say I do much need it for the cold but the summers in south Florida are brutal. It would be nice to have the air conditioner cool the truck before I get in. It was in the low 80's here today I think. The palms were shifting in the wind, that's a good day.

It was like, 25 degrees in NY today...if you wanna trade, I'm all up for it lol.

I really gotta order up my D-Ball this week.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Guys I have never done a remote start but would you say this is easy and can it be added to get extra range? I want to try it on my moms 2010 journey that came with factory unit. In see you can buy extra remotes which I already have from the car she totaled and was auto start brand.

white heat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I installed this same setup about 3 months ago and everythings working great here no problems whatsoever . The hardest part of the install was the saftey switch so when its in for service the tech wont accidently start the truck with hands in the wrong place that would be very bad . I chose to install the toggel switch only not the hood pin . I will just shut it off when in for service

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I installed this same setup about 3 months ago and everythings working great here no problems whatsoever . The hardest part of the install was the saftey switch so when its in for service the tech wont accidently start the truck with hands in the wrong place that would be very bad . I chose to install the toggel switch only not the hood pin . I will just shut it off when in for service

The hood switch would be nice and the switch would be okay too my wife's has neither so while I was doing her headlight swap the other day the car turned on because she started it from her phone. Luckily I was not in harms way and was not changing the oil or anything at the time.

Last edited:

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How could it be started accidentally from under the hood? I'm not disputing it, just curious.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
How could it be started accidentally from under the hood? I'm not disputing it, just curious.

I have smart start installed in both her Journey and my Ram. I told her I was going out to put silver stars in her car that I had from my old Durango. She started her car to leave using her phone like she always does and I was working on putting in headlights when she started it and even though hood was open it started! So although I know the factory remote won't let it start even if a door is open but the aftermarket autostart brand with smart start will. Sorry should have explained that the first time.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry...I should have quoted...

I was asking about starting it with hands in the wrong place.