82214424 Remote Start Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckleinfeld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hoping someone can provide some insight.

I installed the Mopar 82214424 remote start kit on my '15 Ram and took it to the dealer to finish off the programming. I left the old RF hub module hooked up and just taped it above the new module.

The normal guy at the dealership that installs and programs these was out on vacation, the guy they had doing the work was a little sketchy on it. I know for certain they hooked up the RF hub module before adding the XBM sales code to the VIN. They then unhooked it, hooked up the old one, loaded the sales code against the VIN, then proceeded to program the keys and hub module. Cut to the end and the remote start doesn't work. I'm on the new RF hub module, with the new keys. Everything works less the remote start. When I left the dealer, the tire pressure wasn't reading, but learned itself after driving 35mph. If I try to use the remote start, the dash lights up but that's it. They've set me up for an appointment with the regular guy this coming Monday.

In the instructions it states that "The XBM sales code must be added to the database and the Restore Vehicle Configuration must be performed prior to installing the new RF Hub Module. Failure to do so will render the modules remote start function inoperative." My question; is this inoperative state permanent, or something that can be re-set. Will a new hub module be needed?

To confirm, the hood latch is installed, harness ran to pin 11 on C1 of the BCM, antenna module installed and jumper ran to the RFHM, remote start options are available under settings on the EVIC.

Any help is appreciated!

Cmacks88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I actually had this exact same problem on my '16 1500. I did the same thing you did too. I install everything except for the new RF module then went to the dealer. When I got there I swapped in the new one and they added the sales code. The sales code ended up not taking and the remote start wouldn't work either. It would lock/unlock the truck from the new keys but not the remote start. Went up there the next day and they tried a few more times and finally got it to take. What it ended up being was their systems wasn't working right and couldn't communicate to the mopar computers the way it needed to. Just have to go back up there and let them try again or a few more times. In my case they only charged me for like an hour and not for the 5 total hours I was there. Oh and in my case only one of my new keys would actually work in the ignition. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
ckleinfeld

ckleinfeld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I appreciate the response! This leaves me hopeful that they'll get it to work without having to toss a new RFHM in it.

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Thanks, I appreciate the response! This leaves me hopeful that they'll get it to work without having to toss a new RFHM in it.

Were you able to get the remote start working along with the TPMS? If so what did it take to make it happen. I'm tempted to have the dealer install (not something I'm accustomed to doing) the remote start as long as they'll quote a firm price.

dsexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RC Express (sold) 2017 Ram RC Express
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you guys have them reprogram your old keys too? The tech that did mine reprogrammed the old keys so that I had a total of 4 working keys.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Are you still under warranty? If they added the code to your VIN then they'll have to troubleshoot it all and fix anything that is broken, namely the HUB. Did they give you back the hub module? When I had mine put in I asked everything be left in the truck. Should be pretty easy to prove they didn't put in the right module anyway I would think.

ATC235

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to do the same. The only question I have that I can't get a answer for is

Once installed and working, will you be able to start the truck using the uconnect app?

Thanks everyone

OP
OP
ckleinfeld

ckleinfeld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sry folks, somehow I unsubscribed from this thread and didn't see the posts. Only took 4 trips to the dealer to get it all working. No additional parts needed, the first tech didn't harm the RFHM. All it needed was the proper programming sequence. And yes, they programmed the new keys, as well as my old ones to work with the new module.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk