How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Laramie seats everything works except from heaters did you have any heated seat module issues? @mjf6175

CS911RSPNDR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Question. In the swapping out from Tradesman to Laramie upgrades, have anyone who has upgraded to power heated/vented seats don't their mod by swapping in a cabin floor harness from the base manual harness to a Laramie harness? How has that worked out if so, and did you have any issues with the swap?

Last edited:

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I have Laramie seats everything works except from heaters did you have any heated seat module issues? @mjf6175
I have had NO heated seat module problems. I changed out my stock seats and added in stock Laramie seats. Its been so long since I did all of these mods I probably have forgotten many of the details. If you have the time, maybe search for my posts in this thread (and other threads). I did numerous mods to my 2500. I added heat/cool seats / heated steering wheel / memory seats / memory mirrors / automatic temperature control / cargo camera / 8.4 with nav / and more.

I lucked out in some mods like the plugs/connectors under the driver seat and passenger seat being already in place. Otherwise I had M Grimm make up the needed wiring harness. He is a wealth of info and makes EXCELLENT harnesses.

Best...........mike

CS911RSPNDR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have had NO heated seat module problems. I changed out my stock seats and added in stock Laramie seats. Its been so long since I did all of these mods I probably have forgotten many of the details. If you have the time, maybe search for my posts in this thread (and other threads). I did numerous mods to my 2500. I added heat/cool seats / heated steering wheel / memory seats / memory mirrors / automatic temperature control / cargo camera / 8.4 with nav / and more.

I lucked out in some mods like the plugs/connectors under the driver seat and passenger seat being already in place. Otherwise I had M Grimm make up the needed wiring harness. He is a wealth of info and makes EXCELLENT harnesses.

Best...........mike
Thanks. I have the replacement harness which I will install when the weather gets better, everything else is already in place. I had reached out the M Grimm, but I think he was away. I am also adding the door panels with the accent lighting. I hope that I can get it all done.

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks I’m trying a new seat module Friday so we shall see . Thanks again for the input that’s why I love this place . now if it they only had an open bar here lol. Mike has made all my harnesses ! Atc upgrade 8.4 uaq upgrade and my seat harnesses! Rear camera reroute!

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Thanks I’m trying a new seat module Friday so we shall see . Thanks again for the input that’s why I love this place . now if it they only had an open bar here lol. Mike has made all my harnesses ! Atc upgrade 8.4 uaq upgrade and my seat harnesses! Rear camera reroute!

I left out a setting to check in Alfaobd: Cabin Net -" HSM Heated Seat Module Initialize" and change it to "Enabled"

Also take a peek at posts #1875 and #2014 in this thread, maybe something there might help.

For this old guy its now time to have some JD and get set to go 10 toes up..................Later...........mike

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jd ima old grandad guy 114 proof ! Thanks again for the input much appreciated. Take care and toast !

blurz28ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
can someone tell me what years seats will fit my 2016 bighorn crewcab?

also, can the heat modules and associated parts just be swapped into my existing seats?

blurz28ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
these are my underseat connections... I've found some 2011 Laramie mega cab seats with front heat/vent and rear heat. I know I'll need wiring for the rear but I'm wondering if the front will be plug and play

Attachments

• 20240131_161431.jpg
    20240131_161431.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240131_161537.jpg
    20240131_161537.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240131_161318.jpg
    20240131_161318.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 10

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Usually 13 to 18 seats most will come with the module in them Laramie trim model with the center console for the rear heated seats .from what I read the big horn may have the wiring . But verify with @Mpgrimm2 he can make the harnesses you may need and a wealth of info . But read the thread completely

blurz28ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
also, I've found some heated/vented seats on ebay with the airbags deployed... is there any reason I can't just use my existing cloth seat covers on those??

blurz28ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
may be a dumb question...

is there a difference in the 40/20/40 heated/vented seats vs the buckets?
are the mounting holes different?
or is it just the seating surface just different?
did the 40/20/40 seats even have the heat/vented option?

reason I ask is I've found quite a few at my local lkq salvage out of Laramie and they aren't killer expensive...

CS911RSPNDR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
may be a dumb question...

is there a difference in the 40/20/40 heated/vented seats vs the buckets?
are the mounting holes different?
or is it just the seating surface just different?
did the 40/20/40 seats even have the heat/vented option?

reason I ask is I've found quite a few at my local lkq salvage out of Laramie and they aren't killer expensive...
The difference is 40/20/40 have the jump seat in the middle. The buckets have the center console. The mounting is the same except the center console vs jump seat. But the mounting for each are already there.

blurz28ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The difference is 40/20/40 have the jump seat in the middle. The buckets have the center console. The mounting is the same except the center console vs jump seat. But the mounting for each are already there.
I guess what I mean is there a physical difference in the seating surface.. like dimensions or shape... if that makes sense.
I have a center console but if the seats are physically the same that widens what I can use.... assuming 40/20/40 had heat/vent options

blurz28ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this is the seat I currently have in my bighorn... looks nothing like the buckets on ebay

Attachments

• 20240201_195008.jpg
    20240201_195008.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240201_192547_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240201_192547_eBay.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 9

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
this is the seat I currently have in my bighorn... looks nothing like the buckets on ebay

blurz.......your have the standard seats in your Ram. The standard seats can come as a bench seat with the center section (third seat) which has a backrest that can fold down or left up as a seat; and the standard seats can also come with a center console as shown in your pic. I had the same setup in my Ram, standard seats with a center console. I installed Laramie seats like you want to do.

Laramie seats also come with either a center fold down section or with a center console. In essence there are 4 combinations of seats:
1) Standard seat with a center section
2) Standard seats with a console
3) Laramie seats with a center section
4) Laramie seats with a console

All of these combinations will bolt into the Gen IV cab with the exception of Gen V 1500's which has different mounting brackets and electrical plugs.

The ebay pic is Laramie seats (year?). They could have come out of a Ram that had either a console or the center fold down section that was removed. That center fold down section is made with brackets that ties into the passenger seat and driver seat. If that center section is removed you are left with just the buckets and are the same as the Laramie seats in a Ram with a console.

Hope that helps.................

blurz28ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that answers alot of my questions...
so I can look for a 40/20/40 Laramie seat set that was heated/cooled... that opens up alot more options.

I want to retain my cloth seats so I'll have to look for some like I have

blurz.......your have the standard seats in your Ram. The standard seats can come as a bench seat with the center section (third seat) which has a backrest that can fold down or left up as a seat; and the standard seats can also come with a center console as shown in your pic. I had the same setup in my Ram, standard seats with a center console. I installed Laramie seats like you want to do.

Laramie seats also come with either a center fold down section or with a center console. In essence there are 4 combinations of seats:
1) Standard seat with a center section
2) Standard seats with a console
3) Laramie seats with a center section
4) Laramie seats with a console

All of these combinations will bolt into the Gen IV cab with the exception of Gen V 1500's which has different mounting brackets and electrical plugs.

The ebay pic is Laramie seats (year?). They could have come out of a Ram that had either a console or the center fold down section that was removed. That center fold down section is made with brackets that ties into the passenger seat and driver seat. If that center section is removed you are left with just the buckets and are the same as the Laramie seats in a Ram with a console.

Hope that helps.................