How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carbonfiber1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5,7 Gas
Again for connector i401,
pin 3 (RIGHT FRONT HEATED SEAT TEMP SENSE) and
pin 19 (HEATED SEAT SENSOR RETURN)
What do I connect to this pins? To my schematics all sensing lines go directly from the heating element to the Seat Control Module.

Thanks for clarification.

carbonfiber1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5,7 Gas
Hello,

it seems that I do not have the bracket for the seat control module installed, item 37 on the sketch.
Can someone please provide me with the part number?
Many thanks

Attachments

• Sitz Übersicht.png
    Sitz Übersicht.png
    468.5 KB · Views: 11

carbonfiber1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5,7 Gas
Hello,

it seems that I do not have the bracket for the seat control module installed, item 37 on the sketch.
Can someone please provide me with the part number?
Many thanks

Attachments

• Sitz Übersicht.png
    Sitz Übersicht.png
    468.5 KB · Views: 2

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Try this - 68050610AA, that may be it, my parts list has it marked as #20

20 BRACKET, Seat - 68050610AA

1698099952914.png

carbonfiber1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5,7 Gas
Just a short one:

The Heated Seats Control module under the drivers seat needs "Fused Ign Run Control" means power. Shall I tab this from the yellow connector I400?

Thanks for an advise

carbonfiber1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5,7 Gas
Hello just a small update:

- heated seats left and right working fine
- heated steering wheel working fine
- SW update via OBDGenie installed successful
- was not the cheapest solution especially the shipping and import taxes for Germany

new parts used:

1ea steering wheel heated
1ea clock spring
1ea harness inside the steering wheel
1ea dash switch panel
1ea heated seat module
1ea bracket for the HSM
4ea heat blankets
1ea harness drivers seat
1ea OBDGenie SW module
2ea backrest harnesses, made by "hand"
So many thanks to all of u for your kind support and help.

Cheers

legend921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been following this thread, and I am running into a consistent issue regarding the ventilated seats. Anyway, I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Class RCSB, and installed a set of limited seats into the truck with a new HSM for the 2018 and up trucks. The heated seats work fine; however, the ventilated seats do not turn on or activate via switch on the dash or through AlfaOBD. Alfa keeps saying that the module is not present. Since I do have a regular cab, I assumed that it has all the wiring necessary based off the previous posts. This is the same thing that happened with my 2016 RCSB as well. Anyone have any ideas with what I need to do? TIA.

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still fine tuning but I’m pleased so far .Thanks m2 mods for the harnesses and the help ! IMG_1758.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpeg
    IMG_1760.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1757.jpeg
    IMG_1757.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1755.jpeg
    IMG_1755.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1758.jpeg
    IMG_1758.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 14

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Looking good so far. ... You really did get a nice set of seats!

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got them outta Fla with the center console I will pm you the info. Pm sent

Last edited:

Higgi00k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CNG 5.7
Hey guys - about to do the seat conversion, but I read somewhere on this thread that if your truck was equipped with the 5 AUX buttons (see the attached photo) that the upgrade (even with replacing the switch) will not work. Can someone confirm this?

Attachments

• e40e3af7732fd9592e89e85046a13c4e.jpg
    e40e3af7732fd9592e89e85046a13c4e.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 10

fros10987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins tradesman
I have tried to look though this tread but havent seen anyone with this issue. 2017 2500 tradesman with no wiring for seats . I previously did the 8.4 conversion, then added heated and cooled seats, I have all the harnesses made, and connected. Turned on the soft keys on the 8.4. The heated and cooled seat button will light up for approximately five seconds, then turn back off. Only thing I don’t have is the hard keys (i have the aux panel so cant use the hard keys), heated steering wheel and clock spring. Anyone else had this issue? I have confirmed wires and in the correct positions and all connections and tight. I thought I was able to get the seats to work without the steering wheel anyone know if this is true?

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the element connections and the resistance ?do you have the heated seat module under the drivers left front corner ?

fros10987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins tradesman
Yes I have the module, and I will check the elements, but would think the cooled seats would work if it was just an heating element issue.

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes
I’m having the issue with my Laramie seats I just got the new seat module yesterday will install it this week . My rear heated seats work great and my front vented seats work great but I have no heat I have good ohms from the elements so I’m thinking it’s the hsm ( heated seat module ) also you might check and see if the element connections didn’t come disconnected? At the plugs at the back of the seat in the bend

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also I read so many threads when I was preparing I believe I had read where people got it to work without soft keys but had to have the hard keys . Maybe check thru the thread again ?

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I have tried to look though this tread but havent seen anyone with this issue. 2017 2500 tradesman with no wiring for seats . I previously did the 8.4 conversion, then added heated and cooled seats, I have all the harnesses made, and connected. Turned on the soft keys on the 8.4. The heated and cooled seat button will light up for approximately five seconds, then turn back off. Only thing I don’t have is the hard keys (i have the aux panel so cant use the hard keys), heated steering wheel and clock spring. Anyone else had this issue? I have confirmed wires and in the correct positions and all connections and tight. I thought I was able to get the seats to work without the steering wheel anyone know if this is true?

Also I read so many threads when I was preparing I believe I had read where people got it to work without soft keys but had to have the hard keys . Maybe check thru the thread again ?

Its been awhile since I last posted here. Thought I add a little info with the hope it is somewhat helpful.

I have a 2017 SLT 2500 regular cab which has the snow plow pkg. From the factory it had NO heated/cooled seats or heated steering wheel since those options were not available in a R/C truck. I added all of that. Since I had the snow plow pkg I too had the aux buttons, but I did NOT need to add the hard buttons. The heat/cool function work through the soft buttons on the 8.4 just fine without the hard buttons

I guess you used the AlfaOBD program to turn on the seats?

I checked my notes (like I said its been awhile and I am getting OLD....lol) and have the following settings:
1) Front Heated Seats Present
2) Front Ventilated Seats Present
3) Auto on Driver Comfort Seat CSM
4) Front Ventilated Seat Present
5) Heated Seating Material: Perf. Leather

Hope it helps.................good luck!