New projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Got home today to some packages in the mail.

The remote start is pretty much plug and play, just have to remove the back seat and trim to access the mounting locations for the antenna and module. The dealer MUST flash the code in before putting the module in apparently. I had asked my local SM what the cost to install would be and it was $600 for remote start and $300 for camera. If I do the install of everything and all they have to do is flash the codes in and then plug in the module, it will only cost 135 :).

OP
OP
JRG18

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Had the wrong bezel sent out and haven't yet received the harness from Harness-connection. Once that is here, I'll be all set.

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had the wrong bezel sent out and haven't yet received the harness from Harness-connection. Once that is here, I'll be all set.

Do you know if by chance the remote start latch and harness use the same plug connectors than the 2009 one? I have the module and antena installed but the hood striker pin (and I think the wire harness that goes from the latch to the pcm since theres no harness hanging) is missing I guess that while it was at the police warehouse for soo long it was stolen and I was wondering if I could retrofit this latch and harness to it since the striker pin design was only used 1 year and they changed it to this latch... tried to ask a dealer in my city but the lazy "#$" said theres no way to know if you can believe that and buying it to realize that it wont work is kind of expensive

OP
OP
JRG18

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I don't know if it would fit. It's only two wires though. A ground and a wire that goes into plug A on the BCM. If you can source a plug, pins and right gauge wire it prob wouldn't be too difficult.

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know if it would fit. It's only two wires though. A ground and a wire that goes into plug A on the BCM. If you can source a plug, pins and right gauge wire it prob wouldn't be too difficult.

yes that was my first idea the only dif is that in my model year theres no BCM haynes manual state the pin goes to c4 plug on the tipm... If its not to much to ask could you take a pic of the plug that goes to the latch that way I might be able to come up with a plug cause I cant find the wire harness without buying the hole kit

OP
OP
JRG18

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Wired in the backup camera today. Took me 2.5 hours.

Pulled up the PCU bungie corded it so I could get to the plugs at the bottom. The instructions tell you to spice inline with the pink/yellow wire and heat shrink but you can't unless you remove the wire from the connector. Wasn't too difficult to get it out, but on that connector only you need a super narrow jeweler flathead.

Kinda hard to see, but I used the iron to burn off the insulation to get bare wire in the middle.

The clip that you crimp on to hold the wires does a good job sucking in solder. This is just before I took my iron and removed some of the excess solder.

As good as I could get the shrink wrap around it.

Ground is attached to common ground on right. This is how it looked before I dropped the PCU back in place.

Now to remove the back seat and get to installing the antenna and module for the remote start. The hood latch and wiring is cake for that install.

OP
OP
JRG18

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD

Also buttoned up the installs for the backup cam and remote start. Took it to the dealer and they were impressed because I was the first that took it in to have a code flashed in and the wiring was done correctly. The Service Manager really liked the cluster and 8.4 upgrade. He didn't know all of those things could just be swapped out like that.

Cost $132.95 for one hour minimum charge and I walked out with the remote start, backup camera, puddle lights and turn signals. Pretty happy right now.

OP
OP
JRG18

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
These should be here in the morning...

Thought I would get a head start.