Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > 4th Gen DIY

4th Gen DIY

Remote starter vendor question

This is a discussion on Remote starter vendor question within the 4th Gen DIY forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
hi, I am looking to fit a remote starter to my truck. It is a 2015 1500 express crew cab. ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Default Remote starter vendor question
hi,

I am looking to fit a remote starter to my truck. It is a 2015 1500 express crew cab. I have been looking at a vendor called Warm Car Now. They have a good kit with additional long range 5 button remotes and the ability to add in smart phone control later. Their YouTube video shows the install with good detail and I have some confidence about buying it. I just wondered if anyone here had purchased the kit and installed it themselves. i have searched for the vendor name in different configurations, but get zero threads. Hence the post...

Does anyone have any feed back about them?

thanks
John

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
cheeseyfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: 5.7 HEMI
Buy the Directed 4x10 kit. There is a guy named Doug on eBay that is the go to guy (doug23579 or something like that, I don't remember the exact number). The install is super easy like those videos. Many of us here have bought and installed his kit.

It works with the factory remote (lock 3 times) but I added the SmartStart module to mine to add phone support.
00R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016 Rebel
Engine: 5.7L HEMI
+1 on Doug's kits. I had one in my 2011, worked flawlessly. I just emailed him today to see if there was a way to upgrade it to fit my 2016, unfortunately not. Almost an immediate response from him. His eBay name is doug43235. Here's the kit I just bought today: Plug-N-Play Remote Starter 2013-2017 Dodge RAM -DBALL2- THCHD3- uses OEM remotes | eBay
chopperman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Originally Posted by chopperman1 View Post
+1 on Doug's kits. I had one in my 2011, worked flawlessly. I just emailed him today to see if there was a way to upgrade it to fit my 2016, unfortunately not. Almost an immediate response from him. His eBay name is doug43235. Here's the kit I just bought today: Plug-N-Play Remote Starter 2013-2017 Dodge RAM -DBALL2- THCHD3- uses OEM remotes | eBay

+2 on dougs kit!!! Just installed in my 13 express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-01-2017, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: Hemi 5.7
I just installed a eBay flash logic kit on my truck, works great, easy install
Tyler Cooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015
thanks everyone, I have read that a lot of people are using kits from Ebay Doug. My only concerns over using the oem key are.

If you use Key 1 to remote start the car, does the car think Key 1 is in the ignition, therefore prevents Key 1 from unlocking the doors?

And the Range.

I looked at Dougs listing on EBay and to get one with the RF extend kit I would need the 4x10 plus the rf kit which then puts me at ($170+$150) $320 where as the kit Im looking at comes with a Fortin kit with installer and the rf kit included for $205 (inc shipping)
cheeseyfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by cheeseyfella View Post
thanks everyone, I have read that a lot of people are using kits from Ebay Doug. My only concerns over using the oem key are.

If you use Key 1 to remote start the car, does the car think Key 1 is in the ignition, therefore prevents Key 1 from unlocking the doors?

And the Range.

I looked at Dougs listing on EBay and to get one with the RF extend kit I would need the 4x10 plus the rf kit which then puts me at ($170+$150) $320 where as the kit Im looking at comes with a Fortin kit with installer and the rf kit included for $205 (inc shipping)

Yes key one still works in my 13 after using it to start. I added the smart phone kit to help with range when needed but I didn't want my ram key fob plus another gigantic fob in my pocket. If It had just been a regular key for the ram I would've gone with a longer range Fob. That was my biggest reason for doing it the way I did

Old 01-02-2017, 10:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Supporting Member

In my case, the key I used for programming is disabled when remote start is active. It doesn't matter if I started it with either of the fobs or my phone. Directed indicates in their documentation that this is expected. It sounds like it doesn't apply to trucks with push button start and possibly some others.

I'm the only one who drives my truck so that fob just sits in my safe. I could see it being a problem for people who use both keys, though.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default Remote starter vendor question
Originally Posted by 00R/T View Post
In my case, the key I used for programming is disabled when remote start is active. It doesn't matter if I started it with either of the fobs or my phone. Directed indicates in their documentation that this is expected. It sounds like it doesn't apply to trucks with push button start and possibly some others.

I'm the only one who drives my truck so that fob just sits in my safe. I could see it being a problem for people who use both keys, though.

I have a 13 express with no push Button start. I am using the dball2 from doug on ebay and when programming the directions have you use both fobs to eliminate that issue. I don't think it is possible with the 4x10 kit.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Dbush36 View Post
I have a 13 express with no push Button start. I am using the dball2 from doug on ebay and when programming the directions have you use both fobs to eliminate that issue. I don't think it is possible with the 4x10 kit.

That's a good piece of info. I have the 4x10 in my '13 Express. There is no mention of using multiple keys during programming; just the warning that one won't work correctly.