Seat Swap Q's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tallsilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have new 2016 Bighorn with electric driver, premium cloth seats. Thinking of swapping out with a set of full leather, heated, electric seats. BUT, before I pull the trigger hoping someone can enlighten me a bit.

1. Will the electrical connections work?
2. Can I control the heat and cool from my 8.4 Nav? With/without a flash?
3. Should brackets be the same for all the 4th gen seats?

I've searched and gotten some answers but I'm still unsure. Cost to swap out is not much more than just getting the Katzskins (and I would still not have full electric/heat/cool)!

Thanks and any tips/instructions are appreciated.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my friend has a 14 express and he made it a complete R/T Conversion.
I mean everything like rims, lights, interior, cluster, radio, seats, visors, everything.

He has manual seats and added leather seats and they were plug and play. Everything works with them. So i think you do not need a flash.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You will need a dealer flash to activate the heater/cooled functions. The harness for the heater/cooler may not be there. I just did a electric seat swap in my express and althought the seat adjustment harness was plug and play, no heater/cooler harness was present. It might be present on your bighorn however.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Black Express
Engine
You will need a dealer flash to activate the heater/cooled functions. The harness for the heater/cooler may not be there. I just did a electric seat swap in my express and althought the seat adjustment harness was plug and play, no heater/cooler harness was present. It might be present on your bighorn however.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Where did you find seats? car-part.com?

OP
OP
T

Tallsilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks, for all the suggestions. I'm gonna wait for awhile. For now I have a set of Clazzio's on order. They will suffice for the time being. :)

Karstensdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 2500 Big Horn
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Wondering same thing, where do you find the seats?

JimP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If all you wanted to do was to change the angle of the driver's seat(the part you sit on, not the back), what would be the best way to go about it. Original seats on 2016 1500 Tradesman are manual.

I'm fairly short and have to move the seat most of the way forward. When you do that the front edge of the seat is much higher than the back end. I've tried using a wedge type cushion but it keeps moving around and I'd rather find a permanent solution.