Fuel injector cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I've been tying to find a good demo on DIY fuel injector cleaning without luck, there's like a dozen different videos/demonstrations on how to. Any suggestions/links/instruction would be appreciated.

'03 5.7 4x4 1500

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not quite sure it is even possible to clean fuel injectors without expensive machines. Since they have variable valves to allow different flow rates, you need to have them in cleaning solutions while sending high pressure solution through them, all while adjusting the flow rate up and down.

I would suggest finding a local speed shop and ask them if they know anyone that does true injector cleaning, and make sure it isn't simply tossing them in a solution.

EDIT: There are tons of DIY videos on youtube using cleaning sprays (brake or carb), I'm not sure if I would do this, I would either replace all of the injectors, or take them to a speed shop, and have them clean and test them.

Last edited:

KuntRRyBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can have your fuel injectors blue printed and rebuilt by speed shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have heard the term blueprinted before, what exactly does that refer to? And what are the benefits?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have heard the term blueprinted before, what exactly does that refer to? And what are the benefits?

It simply means that they are torn down and every single tiny part is inspected to make sure that it is perfect and that every part in every injector is the same. No Friday or Monday parts in the mix. They measure everything and ensure that every injector is exactly in spec and they all flow the exact same amount.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe this is one area where there isn't a DIY unless you want to spend a ton of money on a machine that you're only going to use once every few years. None of the DIY sprays or additives really do much at all.

I removed mine and took them to a shop in Mooresville, NC and they cleaned and flow tested them for under $20 per injector.

Last edited: