2013 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Quad upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigosapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
Ladies and Gentleman,

I am new to the forum and new to dodge gassers, I've always been a cummins man but the military travel has caused me to change up the ride, so I want to start off and say thanks for any future help and advice that you shall provide me. I want to discuss my future upgrades with y'all and see what you think.

So I've been searching some parts and thinking what I want to do without getting into the big big bucks and this is what I have came up with:

- JBA Long tube 6961SJS Header Kit Silver Ceramic Coated
- Flowmaster Super 10 Series 843015 3in to 3in out
- Airaid Synthamax MXP Cold Air Intake
- Airaid Poweraid TBS
- Crossover X-Pipe
- Diablo Sport Trinity
- Rough Country 6 in lift
- 35 or 37 in tires

First step is gonna be exhaust. My question for the exhaust is should I wait until I have the money to purchase the headers and just do it all at once or can I go ahead and put the X-Pipe and Super 10s on along with changing to the 3in versus 2.5in. What y'all think? Also my understanding is if I do long tubes they will take my cats out. If I do that will my truck still drive right without having to purchase the Diablo Sport to get the codes to go away.

A lot of question probably already answered but I just want to have this thread for my truck so I can easily access the information. Thanks a lot folks!

3e1ce5d9f3368c4ef9a0f1af3b4f6ef6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Welcome! Don't worry, I had mine stuck like that when she was stock as well.

Sent From 1 of Many Samsung Devices

OP
OP
B

bigosapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
Welcome! Don't worry, I had mine stuck like that when she was stock as well.

Sent From 1 of Many Samsung Devices

She was buried to the frame took a powerstroke, keep with winch and a cummins to get her out lol

OP
OP
B

bigosapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
If you got stuck like that then I would imagine the those to HD's would have sank with their motors.

They where on the road. There was a F-150, another powerstroke and 2nd gen cummins buried so everybody else didn't attempt to get off the road lol

OP
OP
B

bigosapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
But either way I'm a very impulsive spender when I want something and I want loud ass ******* truck. So before I pull the gun somebody let me know about my questions above!!!!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Don't waste your money on a throttle body spacer. Not sure about jba long tubes. I haven't seen to many if anyone run then on a 4th gen. American racing headers and now obx seem to be what people are using. Not sure if there is room for a X pipe. You'll get mixed reviews on rcx kits. I've never had any problems with them. And I'd run 35's. 37's you'll want to spend more to get some power back, like higher gear ratio and torque converter. Plus 37's are really pushing the limits of the 1500 suspension (even lifted) and axles.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bigosapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
Don't waste your money on a throttle body spacer. Not sure about jba long tubes. I haven't seen to many if anyone run then on a 4th gen. American racing headers and now obx seem to be what people are using. Not sure if there is room for a X pipe. You'll get mixed reviews on rcx kits. I've never had any problems with them. And I'd run 35's. 37's you'll want to spend more to get some power back, like higher gear ratio and torque converter. Plus 37's are really pushing the limits of the 1500 suspension (even lifted) and axles.

Yea I wasn't for sure on the TBS either but it was 140 so I was like wth might as well but if ya don't think it's worth it then might as well listen to someone that knows these trucks better then me. But the JBA seems to be what some others have recommended for those who ain't really looking to race but just street drive which is what I plan. But don't get me wrong if somebody want to get a little crazy on the open road I want to be able to hang ya know. But with the RCX I've ran their setup on my 03 cummins never really had a problem. It's on the cheap end but still gets the job done. But for the X-pipe how come you don't think there will be room? All they got to do is shorten the new pipes right? I'm going to 3 in piping anyways.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It's been a few years since I've been under a 4th gen 1500 but you have the Trans brace then the tail of the transfer case and driveshaft in the way. You can run true duals but might be a bit much for a dd. I may be wrong. I try to avoid the performance threads because I don't keep trucks long enough to enjoy the gains. So I struggle keeping to easy on/off bolt ons and wheels tires and leveling kits.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
This is the only pic I can find from my 2012 ram 1500.

2013-02-14_13-57-31_934_zpsdba22d06.jpg

It kinda shows the space available. Plus another mod you could use

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I don't know why I was thinking it had to be run differently. With the performance mods listed a ported throttle body will compliment those mods nicely

OP
OP
B

bigosapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
I don't know why I was thinking it had to be run differently. With the performance mods listed a ported throttle body will compliment those mods nicely

Alright! That's what I like to hear! Gonna order the super 10s today and the xpipe is on its way. Next month I'll get the intake and TBS. after that I'm gonna save for the headers next. Once the headers is on I believe I'll go with the Diablo sport trinity next. After that I'll have to save for a good while for the lift and tires.

OP
OP
B

bigosapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
If I delete the cats on my truck will it make my truck run limp mode?

OP
OP
B

bigosapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
Anybody want to help me out with my question above?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It's been awhile since I've thought about this but I believe you will need a tuner and O2 sensor foulers (I think that's what they are called, not sure on the spelling)

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You can get muffler with built in X pipe to since room is limited.

OP
OP
B

bigosapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
I've got the x pipe and super 10s installed and it sounds great but not as loud as I want so that's why I want to delete the cats. But I don't know if deleting the cats will cause my truck to run like ****.

I have also installed the Airaid intake.