2015 ram sport troubles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocpile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
hey guys new to the forum. i have a 2015 ram sport with 3300km on it. now i am young and not too familiar with new vehicles but when i reverse out of my driveway and then put it in drive, there will be a roar from the engine and i will have pressed on the gas a bit but it is still very sluggish to get going and makes that constant roar almost like it isnt goin into gear? and after a few seconds of driving it goes away and engine sounds normal. this happens about 50 % of the time i go to drive it. i would like to address this issue before any warranty is up on the new truck but i would also like to get some opinions. is this sort of normal? like breaking in the engine? or should i make sure they deal with it?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the temperature there? How long are you warming it up for before you drive it?

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think its normal. My 2014 5.7 does that too. almost sounds like a loud sucking vacuum sound. On my 08 tundra, did the same thing and was told it was some kind of bypass or something for quick heat up of the cat converter.

OP
OP
R

rocpile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
yeah it does almost sound like a vacuum. i live in edmonton alberta and it is about to get cold but this truck was doing it even when it was warm in september/august. but it does go away after a bit. i just want to make sure there is no trouble there. i tried recording the sound but the video got deleted

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
my 14 and 15 do not exhibit these symptoms, I would check with the dealer personally. Good luck.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm pretty sure its a "bypass" mode that's meant to heat up either the intake or cats for emissions purposes. Sounds like there's a lot of sucking / vacuum noise with little power generated for all the ruckus. takes longer when it's cold, goes on for a lot less when warmer.

VERY noticeable in my 08 Tundra and my buddy's landcruiser sounds like it has a massive intake leak.

Should last about 15-30 seconds. less noticeable or overall doesn't happen if the truck is already warmed up. You can have it checked by the dealer, but I'm gonna guess it's going to be a wast of time. Unless it happens ALL the time, then definitely check the dealer.