anyone use nitrile gloves, how do you keep clean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I work in my garage all the time, and like to keep my hands clean. Dont make fun of me

I picked up a box of the blue ones but they rip easy, wondering if the black are any better, or if anyone can recommend some disposable gloves that dont rip or puncture easily.

What do you guys use, sometimes fast orange every time they get dirty isnt enough.

Vague

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
the last box was something like diamond grip gloves from autozone. we always have gloves in the garage

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
We use the blue ones at work and if its hot and your hands start sweating they tear right off. Or if you clean them brake clean, the same happens. The black ones are really nice to have but being thicker they don't let your hands breathe that much.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i hope this isnt a stupid thread, i just want to get some recommendations before I go buy another box of 100 gloves

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use them about everyday at work doing groundwater sampling. The EPA requires we wear them. I'll have to check the brand, but the ones we use are black. We get them from a lab supply company, and I have also seen the same ones at the local Auto Zone. I've used the clear and blue ones, and the black are 100% better!

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
gloves who needs them lol. I use the blues ones for working on oil burners. But like everyone else said the rip easy.

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to give my buddy a hard time about wearing gloves in the shop until I noticed that while I was scrubbing my hands with Fast Orange trying to get all the grease off, he was sitting down enjoying a beer. Haha. Now I always wear them. We use the blue ones, they tear easy and you have to replace them every so often. We have not found anything better yet.

Reaction score
Born,raised and currently reside in eastern Ohio
Ram Year
1999 quad cab sport 4x4
Engine
5.9 Magnum=360CI
Worx hand cleaner.All natural, organic and fully biodegradable and it works(no pun) GREAT..Cleans an scrubs without toxic solvents, phosphates, or chemicals...You could wash you hand in your fish tank with this stuff,and it wont harm your fish..I wont make fun of ya for not wanting to get dirty..I wear gloves when I clean an detail vehicles(chemical worries)

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guys, I work for a company that supplies nitrile gloves, if you give me an idea (specifically, name, part #) of what type you are working with, I can find you an alternative.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i need to look in to these. im getting tired of sitting there cleaning my hands for ten minutes, even with that hand cleaner stuff

Bigdaddyii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never used to use them, then grew tired of having grease stains on my hands and under my nails at a nice occasions days after doing any kind of work. On a whim I picked up a pack of 5 pair at Advance Auto and loved them, so I picked up another box at Wally World. I'm still working on the box from Wally's, but it depends on what your fooling with on how easy they rip. my little brother works construction and Rey pick them up at Home Depot or Lowes to paint with, those seem to tear easier for any automotive work. Regardless, I would rather change gloves 5 times then scrub the skin off of my hands for the next 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IH Scout Driver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I use nitrile or latex gloves when I'm working with my parts washer, otherwise, I leave 'em off. Just something to irritate me while I work. I do keep a box of gloves from Sam's handy (they are blue and thicker than I've found anywhere else) for odd jobs where I may be needing them.

As for hand cleaners, I utilize GOOP hand cleaner from walmart; it has worked much better than the Orange cleaner. Neither need water, but it sure helps! Sometimes two applications of "goop", one without water (towel only) and another with water, and you can't tell I've been wrenching. I keep a can in each vehicle should I have to change a tire or something while wearing my office clothes.

johnnyjaws98

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500 ram 4x4
Engine
woman like a ruff looking man 1st thing they look at is your hands to see if your a **** or not

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I hate gloves.

I use this to clean up though. Stuff is awesome!

scrubs-in-a-bucket.jpg

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Use the Blue ones at work for Mandatory reasons and the Wife loves em for picking up Dog poop. Seriously though, Have you tried mechanix gloves, if you can get the fingers to fit correctly they are actually pretty good as far as dexterity goes. I use them everyday at work so I am used to them. Downside of wearing them for home mechanic use is if you get them oil dripped with fluid (say Tranny) then try and handle clean parts even if wiped off it becomes annoying, so 2 pair are better. When they are really dirty or at the end of the job i soak them for a while in simple green then rinse real good with hot water and hang em to dry. Like new. The working mans hands can be scrubbed with scotch brite and a nail brush and like Johnny Jaws says the Girls like that especially when you wear your bulova and a couple cool gold rings.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any real difference between the nitrile gloves and gloves like mechanix as far as ability to grab on to stuff while working and stuff like that?

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We have the blue one's at work and sometimes the black ones but depending on the job, I hardly ever wear gloves. One reason I hate wearing them is that they're suppose to be used to help "protect" your hands but in my job, I deal with a lot of liquid chemicals such as hydraulic fluid, oil, and JP-8 (jet fuel) and that stuff still gets into the gloves and on my hands. At that point it depends whether or not I want to stop, take them off, clean my hands, and put on a new pair or just say screw it and continue working with them or just rip them off. And chances are, unless I stop working, pack my **** up and take a 5 10 minute walk, cleaning for me is using a rag that might already me soaked with something to wipe my hands and putting a new pair on, so it'd be pretty pointless. There are a few things I work with that I wont touch without gloves however cause that stuff will stay on the skin for a long while even with a good scrubbing.

But in my experience, the black gloves are the best and if all you have is blue gloves, double up.

Mopar1973Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996, 2002
Engine
1996 Dodge 1500 (V8-5.9L) & 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.9L Cummins)
Like other have mention chemical reasons for wearing gloves which is a smart thing. There is several common cleaners/solvent that are fairly harsh on the body as well the skin.

As for every day working on the truck I normally don't bother with gloves because of the simple fact my truck for the most part is rather clean. I don't have oil all over the engine.

As others have mention the blue one do tear rather quickly around solvents and/or your hand start sweating pretty fast on a hot summers day. But personal when working with strong solvents, brake cleaner, etc I rather protect my skin. SAFETY FIRST!